Ensign
# 211
11-27-2012, 03:17 PM
thanks alot for advice guys, looks like ill stick with what I've got atm, tet glider build sounds like the extra shield dmg is not really worth the costs to get it running properly.
Captain
# 212
11-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
plasma, unless you go crazy buffing its proc, and have a ship built around plasma DOT, is not viable im afraid. the stf set shields guard against its damage, and EVERYONE is using an stf shield
I know this was originally answered in regard to Plasma Energy Damage - but there's something that's always kind of bothered me, that I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

Plasma Torpedo/Mine: the Ambiplasma console increases Plasma projectile damage.
Plasma Cannons/Beams/Turrets: the Plasma Infuser console increases Plasma energy damage.

Simple enough so far...enter the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid.

Per STOwiki, you want a Disruptor Induction Coil for the Disruptor energy damage. If you want to buff the Plasma DoT damage - you want a Plasma Infuser.

Well, both Plasma Torps and Mines can also apply a Plasma DoT. Is that Plasma DoT affected by a Plasma Infuser? Does the Ambiplasma affect both the kinetic damage and the DoT on torps/mines? Is it a case that if you're running Plasma Energy/Torps/Mines - is the Plasma DoT being affected by both Plasma Infuser and Ambiplasma consoles?

Along those lines, will the Romulan set that buffs Plasma damage also buff those Plasma DoTs? What about the KHG torp damage bonus - does that apply to the Plasma DoT from a torpedo?

Just one of those things... was wondering what you thought, knew, and all that jazz. Thanks...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 213
11-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Hi all,

Since I'm new to PvP I noticed DDIS' thread and wondered if I could ask some questions of the learned minds...

1. On my Fed Tac captain, I have a Bug (acquired during the DOff pack event). Is the 3-piece Mk XI Jem set the best to slot into it, or should I use my 2-piece Borg & MACO Mk XI shield that I currently have on my Armitage? Also, would the panel recommend Aux2SIF (as per the Hilbert Guide) or RSP? And I'm using an all DHCs & turrets build (no torps). IS that the right way to go about it?

2. This may be a gimp build, but I play PvP for the fun not min-maxing... Anyway, I have an Orion Engie in a Hegh'ta, also because I love the ship. Does anyone have any advice as to what's best to use for that? Currently using the Polarised Disruptors from lockboxes, and have really only just started (no Borg Kit for her, using a 2-piece Jem Mk XI set and a positronic deflector).

Thanks in advance guys (and girls),

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Captain
# 214
11-28-2012, 06:07 AM
If you're not teaming too often I'd take RSP over Aux2SIF, it's still a ridic strong skill and its only real counters are either kinetic or a Tac/Sci combo who both know what they're doing. Aux2SIF is also aux-reliant (so if your aux is procced off you're boned) while RSP isn't really dependent on anything. Once you're comfortable flying your ship you can also pull off some nifty psychological tricks when GDF is off cooldown.

Two-piece Borg and your Hazards are more than you'll ever need for keeping your hull primed.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 215
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I know this was originally answered in regard to Plasma Energy Damage - but there's something that's always kind of bothered me, that I thought I'd go ahead and ask.

Plasma Torpedo/Mine: the Ambiplasma console increases Plasma projectile damage.
Plasma Cannons/Beams/Turrets: the Plasma Infuser console increases Plasma energy damage.

Simple enough so far...enter the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid.

Per STOwiki, you want a Disruptor Induction Coil for the Disruptor energy damage. If you want to buff the Plasma DoT damage - you want a Plasma Infuser.

Well, both Plasma Torps and Mines can also apply a Plasma DoT. Is that Plasma DoT affected by a Plasma Infuser? Does the Ambiplasma affect both the kinetic damage and the DoT on torps/mines? Is it a case that if you're running Plasma Energy/Torps/Mines - is the Plasma DoT being affected by both Plasma Infuser and Ambiplasma consoles?

Along those lines, will the Romulan set that buffs Plasma damage also buff those Plasma DoTs? What about the KHG torp damage bonus - does that apply to the Plasma DoT from a torpedo?

Just one of those things... was wondering what you thought, knew, and all that jazz. Thanks...
it was brought to my attention the other day that the plasma disrupter's DOT was subpar compared to standard plasma weapons for some reason, that kinda makes them a non option.

Plasma Infuser buff all plasma energy damage, and that includes DOT. particle gens also buff DOT as well, at least from torps and EWP, but not on energy weapon DOT, which is inconsistent and dumb.

Ambiplasma effect kinetic damage, and the dot of plasma torps and mines. but the kinetic from plasma i find to be not that important, so i focus most on the DOT aspect and stack plamsa energy weapons, wile also using plamsa energy weapons.

the KHG set does not buff the dot, it only effects knetic damage, believe me i checked, if that buffed the dot too that would have been awesome. whats the romulna set? hows the omega plasma torp? im still in tier 2 rep, so i haven't even seen these things yet

i do know that for an all out dot focused plasma weapons build, that does actually work surprisingly well even with the stf shields, the romulan plasma weapons are great. they are plasma weapons with a disrupter proc too, and you can have any combination of 2 mods with them. keep in mind that the dam mod buffs the proc damage, and the disruptor debuff magnitude too. thats why fleet plasma weapons with 3 dam mods are actually probably the ideal for plasma weapons surprisingly enough. plasma torps too.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 216
11-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that reply. Plasma's always been...yeah, anyway...for me. Hope others find that info helpful as well as they eye the S7 stuff.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Empire Veteran
# 217
11-29-2012, 12:38 PM
mav's star cruiser/mirror assault cruiser has been updated into its proper final version, i seem to have posted a more outdated version before.
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 218
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
If you're not teaming too often I'd take RSP over Aux2SIF, it's still a ridic strong skill and its only real counters are either kinetic or a Tac/Sci combo who both know what they're doing. Aux2SIF is also aux-reliant (so if your aux is procced off you're boned) while RSP isn't really dependent on anything. Once you're comfortable flying your ship you can also pull off some nifty psychological tricks when GDF is off cooldown.

Two-piece Borg and your Hazards are more than you'll ever need for keeping your hull primed.
Ah right I see. Thanks muchly for that. I wondered if I was unitentionally gimping myself with the 3-piece Jem set. That, and most of the fleet mates that I PvP with are Tacs, so cross-healing is somewhat minimal at times. I shall adjust my set up accordingly and see how it works out. Maybe one day I won't suck at flying it!

Tim

Edit:

Now, half the time I'm okay, and can go a complete round without dying. Other times, particularly against Klingons, I tend to melt like a snowflake in an oven... I'm sure it's something I've done wrong, or sub-optimised somewhere, so am looking for advice as to where that could be.

My current spec and BOff stations here.

Currently outfitted with the following;

Fore weapons: 2x Mk X Polaron DHC [Acc]x2 [CrtH], 2x Mk XI Polaron DHC [Acc]x2 [CrtD]
Rear weapons: 1x Mk XI Polaron Turret [Acc]x2 [CrtH], 2x MK XI Polaron Turret [Acc]x2 [CrtD]
Deflector: Mk XI Assimilated Deflector
Engines: Mk XI Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
Shield: Mk XI MACO Resilient Shield
Engineering: Borg Assimilated Console, Mk XII Ablative Armour, Mk XI Neutronium Armour, Mk XI Neutronium Armour
Science: Mk XII Field Generator
Tactical: 2x Mk X Polaron Phase Modulator, 3x Mk XI Polaron Phase Modulator

My DOffs: 1x Hamlet, 2x SDO (BFI), 2x Horatio Technicians.

Any thoughts as to where I'm going wrong?
Quote:
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.

Last edited by tmichc; 11-29-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Edit - Results and further questions.
Empire Veteran
# 219
11-29-2012, 08:08 PM
what are the technicians doffs for?
Career Officer
# 220
11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
It's called me not reading the tooltip properly... Doh! I clean missed the part about the Aux to Battery requirement.

With that in mind, would you recommend sticking A2B in my build somewhere, or sacking off the Horatios and using another brand of DOff?

Tim
Quote:
-Sela now has a cape.