Captain
# 11
11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I don' think subs/lifers should get a 50% dilithium earning bonus. Instead, it should be 50-75% bonus to the refinement cap.
Hmm, I rarely meet the refining cap... Raising it wouldn't help me. Earning more, quicker would though!
Captain
# 12
11-28-2012, 06:22 AM
Let's make it real simple: 8000 Ore pr day you remember to log in...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 13
11-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Two things need to happen.
  1. They need to give subscribers a 120,000 unit stipend of Dilithium Ore per month.
  2. They need to add a 120,000 unit crate of Dilithium Ore to the C-store and charge 1500 Zen for it

30 x 4,000 = 120,000
That is half the amount of dilithium that can be refined in a 30-day period with the 8k daily cap.

The 120k units are subject to the same refinement cap, so the exchange will always remain a means of obtaining more refined dilithium than the daily refinement cap allows.

The problem is that Cryptic is doing the exact opposite of what they should be doing. It should be subscriptions they are after. So they should be incentivizing subs by giving subscribers as many breaks in grinding mechanics as they can. Even with the incentives, there are those who would still spend more money on Zen for things because they just know that subscriptions are the devil, but they still gotta get everything. Let them pay through the nose for it if they want to.

But blast it all, Cryptic needs to seriously pat attention to the content interests of their player base as a whole and make it their mission to deliver elements of all types of content in each season. I can understand them wanting to pad out what content they release over the course of a season's general 90-day cycle. Because no matter how much they produce, the community will still manage to consume it all faster than it takes to make it. So leave the refinement cap intact, set the dilithium costs on a progression activity however high it needs to be to take someone who just hits the daily refinement cap however long they want it to take, and apply a completion timer set for that same duration and require that both the remaining needed Dilithium and remaining time to completion must both equal zero to complete the objective.

And they need to be generous with their payout of Dilithium. Nobody should have any trouble gaining at least 4000 units of ore per day.

And here's the thing they seem to not understand. People should be playing content because it is fun and they WANT to play it, not because some artificial system forces them to do so to get a measly pittance of what they need.

The Daily refinement cap, the Dilithium investment cost for a project, and the completion progress timer are all that is needed to regulate the progression through content. And really, that should be all that they are concerned about. Those who don't have as much time to invest playing the game likely have money to spend. Let them spend it on the convenience of cutting the grind in half, or eliminating it completely if they want to. As long as nobody can rush ahead because they either have more time or more money, then what is the problem?
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Career Officer
# 14
11-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
What would that solve?

The current dilithium cap and all the dilithium nerfs they have done so far is to TRY stabilize the in game economy, and if you just add a ton of dilithium again.... well they would have to go back to the drawing board and do another try.

When the economy stabilizes (if ever) then some change is gonna be made. But the recent changes need some time (2-3 years?) to take effect. So maybe 2015
The recent boneheaded moves are what DESTABILIZED the in game economy. Not sure who their economic guru is, but his plan is nto working. The value of Zen on the exchange has dropped 20% or so since S7 patch.

If i was trying to stabilize a particular market i would NOT
1) Increase the need for a certain currency
2) Reduce the availability of said currency.

To do both at the same time will always have adverse effects, it really is econ 101/2
Career Officer
# 15
11-28-2012, 07:36 AM
We get 500 Zen a month, no? That's equal to at least 50k dilithium.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Sell the 500 zen stipend for 62500 that is a 25% bonus.

Funny thing is they never give without taking. So the day you get a dilithium bonus is the day you lose the stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttyler View Post
The recent boneheaded moves are what DESTABILIZED the in game economy. Not sure who their economic guru is, but his plan is nto working. The value of Zen on the exchange has dropped 20% or so since S7 patch.

If i was trying to stabilize a particular market i would NOT
1) Increase the need for a certain currency
2) Reduce the availability of said currency.

To do both at the same time will always have adverse effects, it really is econ 101/2
Yeah .. i should had put in a "probably trying", my personal view is that I agree with you, I'ts a boneheaded move. And I do not understand what they are after, if they are after unsatisfied coustumers, then they are on the right track. And Im not far from actually believing just that.

My guess is that their strategy is if they *uck up really really bad now, we will be so happy and grateful for the changes they do later to fix things, so we forget that it was f.u.b.a.r from the beginning.
Career Officer
# 18
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Why would you quit if your earning potential remained the same?
Studies have shown that when referring to self image absolute wealth is irrelevant. It's your wealth when compared to others. (yes, really)
Captain
# 19
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
This here is a pure sign of laziness. I haven't noticed a huge change in earnings of dilithium as I make more each day than I can ever refine. If you want more dilithium than sell ur extra zen you get each month and stop complaining.

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 11-28-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Captain
# 20
11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
My guess is that their strategy is if they *uck up really really bad now, we will be so happy and grateful for the changes they do later to fix things, so we forget that it was f.u.b.a.r from the beginning.
That would be the "New Coke" strategy. Introduce a horrible product, and then no one will notice when you "fold" and remove the hated change that the "reversion" is really a bait and switch to an inferior product.