Ensign
# 1 Drop in user activity
11-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Due to the recent events (S7). Has anyone else had/noticed a drop in activity?

If not, why not?

If so, why?

My reasons are as follows:

1) I look back and see I do not have much to log in for, every 2 days or so on 1 or 2 toons is all I can handle.

2) There is no reason for me to log now, I did grind 25-30 toons thru the daily Investigate's for the dil and marks to work on fleet stuff ..... not now.

3) What the game was for me is gone, all that is left is 'content'. Or crippled attempts to do what was being done over a year ago. "Just bad foundary grinds on SOME new maps".

*Can STO recover?

What would it take? (to get the stats from 30 days ago, consultant fee pending)

a) try a bad attempt at recovering via make it like it was to appease
b) get/put them back, those who were doing 14 months ago and fix what is broken
c) FIRST have a 'wanna work here?' with staff house cleansing.
d) *REALLY, I DO NOT KNOW.

FYI,
This is from my (and others I know, not speaking for them) view ON STO recovering in my mind TO ME and FOR ME.
A recovery is needed for me to regain INTREST again.

How are things now? I have not logged on for awhile......

Last edited by lastcontact; 12-24-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Update
Captain
# 2
11-28-2012, 09:53 AM
I havent earned any dilithium on 3 toons since sunday tho I've logged about 8 hours playtime on them.

How's that lookin in your metrics, Dan ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 3
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcontact View Post
Due to the recent events (S7). Has anyone else had/noticed a drop in activity?

If not, why not?

If so, why?

My reasons are as follows:

1) I look back and see I do not have much to log in for, every 2 days or so on 1 or 2 toons is all I can handle.

2) There is no reason for me to log now, I did grind 25-30 toons thru the daily Investigate's for the dil and marks to work on fleet stuff ..... not now.

3) What the game was for me is gone, all that is left is 'content'. Or crippled attempts to do what was being done over a year ago. "Just bad foundary grinds on SOME new maps".

*Can STO recover?

What would it take? (to get the stats from 30 days ago, consultant fee pending)

a) try a bad attempt at recovering via make it like it was to appease
b) get/put them back, those who were doing 14 months ago and fix what is broken
c) FIRST have a 'wanna work here?' with staff house cleansing.
d) *REALLY, I DO NOT KNOW.

FYI,
This is from my (and others I know, not speaking for them) view ON STO recovering in my mind TO ME and FOR ME.
A recovery is needed for me to regain INTREST again.

I'm not really a doom and gloom guy, but since S7 launched the drop in user activity among 3 active (and one particularly large global channel) has really dropped.

To be honest, I find I barely have the will to do anything in this game at the moment.

Clicking inputs for Doff system, Romulan Rep system, Omega Rep system, Starbase system, Embassy system...this is really not the game I signed up or shelled out money for.

I don't want to play some farmville click-fest, there are already a ton of browser games where you can waste your time on these things.

The other alternative is the "content" that we got in S7 - open "adventure zones" or 'zerg zones' as I like to think of them. You run around at L50 as an admiral doing things that should be relegated to L1.

Enemies apparently wander without direction for you to kill.

There's some mini-game for pet breeding.

Pet breeding...

Tau Dewa patrols are mind numbingly static and repetitive, running around on New Romulus as an Admiral collecting water samples...these are not even in the same ballpark of what I want out of an MMO game.

I really hope the future of this game isn't an endless parade click input systems and different versions of "go kill rats" at L50.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-28-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Stop thinking "End game"

Stop thinking "Grind"

The biggest problems are Fleet marks (everyone is pressed to earn them)
and Dilithium

we need to do away with BOTH being sources of presure

It would also help if we could explosively decompress the borg once and for all
there is nothing more BORING than Borg
Lieutenant
# 5
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Petition signed, and leave him at Rura Penthe!

I want a cutscene too!
Career Officer
# 6
11-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
Petition signed, and leave him at Rura Penthe!

I want a cutscene too!
I think you meant this for the transporter officer thread.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Ensign
# 7
11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm actually seeing more people than before. If you see less people in some places, just go to the new Romulan sector/planet. Just because people are somewhere different does not mean they are not in game.
Captain
# 8
11-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Myself, I've seen mostly the same as before after the initial season 7 surge. That said, I've mostly been on/around New Romulus on most of my toons.

I haven't been logging on myself all that much, though, but that's for reasons not connected to the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Actual numbers are about the same

the number of ACTIVE Va's is down however
Rihannsu
# 10
11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
My fleet has has a few old players come back for S7 and we have seen quite a few new ones join up lately. A few weeks ago we needed to open a roster slot in the fleet for a new member but found the roster maxed with everyone on the roster was above their inactivity removal date, I take that as a good sign of activity (we found a slot for the new member BTW).
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.