Ensign
# 71 MAC Compatability
11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I didnt know where else to post something referring to future developments...
When will this be compatible for Macintosh users!
Captain
# 72
11-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtucker View Post
I didnt know where else to post something referring to future developments...
When will this be compatible for Macintosh users!
Probably not for a long time. Until then, here's the next best thing: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=381881

I use it and it works. Enjoy.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Commander
# 73
11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I don't think so. How many people actually go to an entirely separate forum for their tech issues? At least with an STO Forum tech section, you know that any help you're getting is for STO specifically.

If anything, the PWE support forum is pointless, because players will post in their own forums first before going to a generic tech support forum.

Part 1: Oh. I thought that was sort of a "duh" thing this time around, but I guess you have to say that.

Part 2: It's not that I'm not notified - I AM notified, but after I've logged in and looked around the forums a bit, ALL of my subscribed threads are marked as read, even if I haven't looked at them specifically.
You're forgetting the reason the global Tech Support forum was created in the first place. The individual tech support forums are generally for players to get help from other players for their technical issues since the creation of the global forum. If players are seeking GM/dev help for their issue, they're more likely to get a response at the global forum as the Tech Support team had wanted to provide a single location to monitor for game issues as opposed to monitoring 13 individual game forums--not exactly an easy task.

As quoted from Darth in the original announcement sticky:

Quote:
The tech support department has wanted this for a long time, so that we can communicate faster, easier, and more reliably in one location.
Therefore it's not pointless--both the individual and the global TS forums have their role. The individual forum basically is now for help from other players, the global forum is more for those wanting/requiring a GM response or the PWE Tech Support team to look it over in more detail.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Captain
# 74
11-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know of an easy way to collect the URLs for subscribed threads, other than going to each one manually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Therefore it's not pointless--both the individual and the global TS forums have their role. The individual forum basically is now for help from other players, the global forum is more for those wanting/requiring a GM response or the PWE Tech Support team to look it over in more detail.
Good point. I just don't get the impression that people know about it, or would really use it very often.
Captain
# 75
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Does anyone know of an easy way to collect the URLs for subscribed threads, other than going to each one manually?
What do you mean by "collect the URLs"?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 76
11-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
What do you mean by "collect the URLs"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
  • You will want to bookmark any threads you are subscribed to as subscriptions may be lost in the upgrade.
Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to go through my list of subscribed threads and individually click, highlight, copy, paste the URL for every one?

Edit: I guess I could open them all at once, and do a ctrl+shift+d, and put them in a bookmark folder, but I think that would crash my computer, so if I do go the bookmark route I would still have to click every one. So is there a place in the STO forums that I can just export the list from, or something?

Last edited by felderburg; 11-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Captain
# 77
11-29-2012, 07:15 PM
I hope that the transfer goes as smoothely as you're saying it will, Branmuffin - I vividly remember the flaming furball forums back in June. So, take two. Let's get it right this time.

...Sorry about that, chief. (tell me someone gets that reference!) I meant Branflakes. I keep thinking muffin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 78
11-30-2012, 06:59 AM
If possible (and if not already suggested) then a link on our user profile which takes us directly to our game profile page (we used to have one of these, the game profile pages that is, though it has since been... removed)?
Captain
# 79
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
I imagine they'll be replacing that with the Gateway. It's the same sort of functionality, except better.

Although: can you see other captains using it?
Career Officer
# 80
11-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Although: can you see other captains using it?
I would. I'm always flying around checking out peoples character bio ...if they've actually written one that is.

It's interesting to see (and read) what people have come up with for their characters and crew.
Closed Thread