Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
All the movies are property of Paramount as far as I understand it. Also considering the game is following the Romulus blowing up story in the last Star Trek movie as well as having a Quinto voiceover, it doesn't seem like the last movie is off limits.
Think of it this way. CBS retains the rights for the "prime" timeline on everything filmed and the story of Romulas' destruction.

Paramount has rights to anything in the new timeline for the current (2009 +) movies.

While the 2009 movie showed the Kelvin uniforms, all art assets (including Uniforms, Bridges, ships, etc) belong to the Paramount license for Star Trek. So canon can only go so far before license (and lawyers) take over.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Lieutenant
# 12
11-28-2012, 01:05 PM
the whole licensing stuff is retarded...someone awesome should just buy all the rights and never split them up again...as long as its NOT disney...

BUT, the new movies arent the same, and could be kept seperate, and named star trek 2 universe or something more zazzy.

anyways, back on topic...i was wondering what those platforms were for
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradym View Post
the whole licensing stuff is retarded
Think this is bad, try dealing with Microsoft Licensing for a living.

Back on topic too,

Yes, I have been wondering what those circular disks were for. I was wondering if they were personal cryo tubes or something like that.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Career Officer
# 14
11-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Does this mean the TWoK uniform gets a polish or does it still look like a disgrace?
Commander
# 15
11-28-2012, 01:26 PM
What good is an awesome fleet hub if it is DESERTED all the time. Even in large fleets, the starbases are deserted most of the time, as STO closes the fleet starbase-instance as soon as you log out, therefore you will spawn at that location you've been at BEFORE entering your base.

Please Cryptic, do NOT prevent the awesome fleet starbases from becoming the social zones they should be! Save the instances, so people don't get kicked off the base after logging out.
Career Officer
# 16
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiracle View Post
Think of it this way. CBS retains the rights for the "prime" timeline on everything filmed and the story of Romulas' destruction.

Paramount has rights to anything in the new timeline for the current (2009 +) movies.

While the 2009 movie showed the Kelvin uniforms, all art assets (including Uniforms, Bridges, ships, etc) belong to the Paramount license for Star Trek. So canon can only go so far before license (and lawyers) take over.
There's no such thing as universes in licensing terms. It's by work.

Now, CBS probably has increased negotiating ability for Kelvin uniforms.

I see that the Voyager uniforms are missing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Fed uniform mannequins ...? Not really my cup of tea sorry
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 18
11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
It seems to me as if they have accidentally omitted the early DS9 and VOY era uniform between TNG and TNG Movie/Late DS9.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 19
11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
while i think the KDF project looks cool and all but the fed projects are a joke tbh , certainly not worth the 200k dilithium cryptic want for them
Career Officer
# 20
11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
I really like these, I just wish the rest of my fleet weren't inactive so we could afford it.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...