Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
My fleet will be beginning the push to Tier 5 soon. To inform our decision on which category to push to tier 5 I have a few questions for the devs as to what to expect from the tier 5 engineering elite fleet space weapons.

1. Elite fleet space weapons are still in Tier 5 Engineering, and the text on the gui for the has been removed in error, correct?

2. Assuming they are still in the game are they going to be available in all energy damage types or restricted to just phaser like the elite ground weapons were?

Given the cost of purchasing purple mk xii energy damage consoles I hope you will make them available for all damage types, especially given that most people do not use phasers and therefor won't have the consoles for that damage type.

Either way if we can get an answer to these 2 questions you can avoid allot of the disappointment and anger that came from the phaser only surprise of elite ground weapons.
1. The weapons have not been moved or removed that I'm aware of. I will check to see why they might be missing from the UI.

2. Only Phasers are available for the Federation and Disruptors are available for KDF. All the standard space weapon types (i.e. turrets, cannons, beams, etc.) are available.

These are intended to thematically represent the latest advancements in Fed and KDF technology. High end weapons for other energy types are intended to be available through other reward systems.

I expect we will probably add more rewards to the Fleet system at a later date, but it's too early to say whether or not the new rewards will include more damage types for Fleet Weapons.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
1. The weapons have not been moved or removed that I'm aware of. I will check to see why they might be missing from the UI.

2. Only Phasers are available for the Federation and Disruptors are available for KDF. All the standard space weapon types (i.e. turrets, cannons, beams, etc.) are available.

These are intended to thematically represent the latest advancements in Fed and KDF technology. High end weapons for other energy types are intended to be available through other reward systems.

I expect we will probably add more rewards to the Fleet system at a later date, but it's too early to say whether or not the new rewards will include more damage types for Fleet Weapons.
If only phaser is being offered for elite, why are we able to purchase all energy types for advanced fleet weapons?
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Career Officer
# 13
11-28-2012, 01:54 PM
just ground phaser probally won't see till season 8
Captain
# 14
11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Disappointing news, but glad to know it now rather than after pushing to T5 engineer. Thanks for responding.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
If only phaser is being offered for elite, why are we able to purchase all energy types for advanced fleet weapons?
The Elite weapons are built to have specific procs that are thematically appropriate for Federation and KDF technology. These procs would not be appropriate for the other energy weapon types.
Career Officer
# 16
11-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
The Elite weapons are built to have specific procs that are thematically appropriate for Federation and KDF technology. These procs would not be appropriate for the other energy weapon types.
Can you tell us what the special procs are, and what the normal (i.e. ACC, DMG, etc.) procs are?

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 17
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Any chance you could share the stats or modifiers for them? The PvP'ers among the playerbase would like to know if they're available with [acc] modifiers or not, since weapons without [acc]x2 or x3 aren't really usable in PvP.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Good to know, no reason to develop t5 engineering then since i don't use either phaser or disruptors.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 19
11-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Going to revive my request for 29th century hand phaser with the SDisrupt proc since its signature ability in the episode it was used was to disintegrate things, including large things. Well, that and it seemed to do pretty well being fired backwards out of an 18 wheeler.

The current version seems PvP focused and as far as I know, any PvE uses people have found were classed as exploits.
Commander
# 20
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:

Shouldn't this be one of those times where fun should trump cannon. That's a whole lot of time and effort for something I'm not going to be able to use and I'm confident many other people wont either. Some peoples builds are actually harmed with the use of phasers its not just that the are just not improved but they would be better with a bland weapon with no special proc. As much work as is involved in building these bases there needs to be something for everyone at the end of each holding.