Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Career Officer
# 29
11-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
I've read Dan's veiled accusation, that the new changes have come in because only a small amount of people tested season 7 on Tribble and they had to wait to get better metrics.

I think most people don't believe that anyway and it was an extremely poor excuse of getting caught and having to backtrack, however I digress.

So, why don't all you people who purport to love this game, not test it? Do you think you should be paid?

For me, I think you should be paid (yes paid) in Zen or Dil, by the hour to test their stuff. I don't believe it's the players job to do it, however if it's needed (which it looks like it is), then shouldn't you be paid (and I don't mean a meaningless pet).

What about a free ship?
Personally I think dstahl is full of ****. "Oh there weren't enough players on Tribble so we couldn't get the data we needed......blah blah blah". YOU CAN'T GO BY YOUR STUPID DATA ONLY. FFS use some damn common sense Cryptic.

Players were very vocal about the changes and costs of the reputation system and stuff as soon as season 7 went to the test server. But did they listen? NO! Instead of using their common sense that "maybe the players are right and the costs are too high" they relied on ONE source of information.

GOD! It's like someone told them "I don't think it's a good idea to stab me with that knife" and they stab you anyway then turn around and say "Oh. Sorry. I didn't know what the effects would be in stabbing you until I actually did it".

And I think the only reason they made changes such as reducing the time for the rep XP projects to 20 hours and cutting down the amount of commodities was because they most likely had a lot of players rage quit and cancel their subs. If it wasn't for that they probably would have left things the way they were.

Would I test things on Tribble for money? No. But that's because I have no interest in being a payed beta tester.

"What about a free ship?" Was this some sort of joke? They haven't even announced what the season 7 test reward will be or when it is coming. I spent 4 hours bored as hell on New Romulus that weekend just for the free item, and also because I've never tested new content in an MMO before. And when I say bored as hell I mean I was bored with the daily missions there 5 minutes after I started. I've only done it ONCE since it went live because of how boring it is. If I need Romulan marks I would rather do the daily instances unlocked with reputation tiers or PVE queues. I would only do the transporter mission on other characters so I could get around the map quicker if I needed to.
Self Portrait