Republic Veteran
# 21
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Hmm, I rarely meet the refining cap... Raising it wouldn't help me. Earning more, quicker would though!
I have one multiple occasions surpassed the refinement cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
We get 500 Zen a month, no? That's equal to at least 50k dilithium.
I am saving my dilithium to convert to Zen, not the other way around.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 22
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
That would be the "New Coke" strategy. Introduce a horrible product, and then no one will notice when you "fold" and remove the hated change that the "reversion" is really a bait and switch to an inferior product.
That strategy has never been proven as intentional on Coke's part but even so, it only makes sense for very large companies with a strong market presence.

I imagine Cryptic's revenue is more in line with a particularly robust single location for an Olive Garden.
Republic Veteran
# 23
11-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Why would you quit if your earning potential remained the same?
I wouldn't quit...I have a lifetime...but I'm sure plenty of free players would be upset if subscribers suddenly made 50% more of the most important currency in the game.
Captain
# 24
11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Loook i think it's great that they offer subscibers extras that only come with... well being a subscriber and from what i've seen they can refine a bit more in a day than a F2P can so thas a good thing. But to have a bunch of Sub's running around with millions of dilith and hundreds or thousands of zen that they have no need to spend it on is only going to cause players to lose interest as now they have nothing to really accomplish in game. Like all MMO's they are designed to eat up lots of time unlike most console games that once it's beat now what do you do, go out and buy another.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Maybe its time to allow subscribers to have their stipend paid in dilithium (at 200 per Zen)
thus cutting out the ftp market entirely and getting them to subscribe

OR perhaps we could remove the cap for lifetimers and double it for subscribers (or halve it for ftps)
Captain
# 26
11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Maybe its time to allow subscribers to have their stipend paid in dilithium (at 200 per Zen)
thus cutting out the ftp market entirely and getting them to subscribe

OR perhaps we could remove the cap for lifetimers and double it for subscribers (or halve it for ftps)
Ummm they tried just subscription based players and figured going F2P with subscription benefits to be a better solution for now, and unlike you they make their money however they see fit.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
11-28-2012, 04:13 PM
what you don't like Market forces??

We pay
maybe we could pay a bit more and the FTP can be reduced
infact maybe they could be capped at commander and restricted from doing STFs as they do them wrong some of the time right??

I could pay a subscription at the level I used to buy zen (I bought about 3000 a WEEK)
that would clean out the "free market" right?
Captain
# 28
11-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
what you don't like Market forces??

We pay
maybe we could pay a bit more and the FTP can be reduced
infact maybe they could be capped at commander and restricted from doing STFs as they do them wrong some of the time right??

I could pay a subscription at the level I used to buy zen (I bought about 3000 a WEEK)
that would clean out the "free market" right?
Yeah and rid them of alot of their player base. You by far have no buisness sense.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
11-28-2012, 04:22 PM
More than you do
FTP brings in very little

Actually I have a lot of business sense
its just not "free market" trader

I believe in paying taxes
paying fair prices
and not ripping people off

its called Ethics and its not a county in england
Captain
# 30
11-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
More than you do
FTP brings in very little

Actually I have a lot of business sense
its just not "free market" trader

I believe in paying taxes
paying fair prices
and not ripping people off

its called Ethics and its not a county in england
And that is why you are a share holder for Cryptic. Ohhhh wait you're not, and as far as your views on countries despite your quote on quote ethnics pretty much every country sets their currency strength around the largest countries values.