Lt. Commander
# 51
11-26-2012, 01:50 PM
A kick button would be ok but it could abused. Ive played other games not mmo's

But like mass effect or dungeon defenders where you spend most of ur time queing up because a couple a friends are being funny or want a specific class . And it only needs to happen once to someone who didnt deserve to be kicked for it to be broken. I would stop playing the first time someone did that to me.

I know we can block people. That should actually prevent them from joining a game you are in. If everyone blocked an afker when they met them it would make it more dificult for them to que.
Captain
# 52
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
It's getting pretty bad in PvP's as well. It is now more common to have at least 1 afk'er on one side or the other than it is to have everybody playing. It's quite annoying and ruins the fun/challenge for both sides. Not really sure what can be done about it. A kick feature would probably be abused. For instance, if one player is a noob/detriment to the team and the other team just constantly goes after him cause he's an easy kill, then perhaps the noob's teammates would vote to kick him because their odds of winning would be better without him. I don't think that's fair to the noob. At least he's attempting to play instead of just AFK'ing.
----
@DevolvedOne
Career Officer
# 53
11-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
It's getting pretty bad in PvP's as well. It is now more common to have at least 1 afk'er on one side or the other than it is to have everybody playing. It's quite annoying and ruins the fun/challenge for both sides. Not really sure what can be done about it. A kick feature would probably be abused. For instance, if one player is a noob/detriment to the team and the other team just constantly goes after him cause he's an easy kill, then perhaps the noob's teammates would vote to kick him because their odds of winning would be better without him. I don't think that's fair to the noob. At least he's attempting to play instead of just AFK'ing.
sorry but GM should take care of some one who miss use it right or wrong? again the power of kick should not be up to one person alone but to 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Commander
# 54
11-26-2012, 02:25 PM
The really mess up part is when an AFK player still hits the need button while at spawn and never moves.

Also I think there is something in place so that if you cause no damage you get no rewards but usually when the final boss shows up they wake up and shoot them a bit once the boss is already down to 20% hull. Even that doesn't stop these people.

I wish there was a way to flag people so that when they did do this I never have to play with them again.
Republic Veteran
# 55
11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
How do you know this isn't a 4-year old child being allowed to play for a while on his parent's or older siblings account?

How do you know this isn't a person with a mental or physical handicap, unable to grasp or perform all the tasks of the game?

Should they be disallowed access to the game because they can't perform as well as you and me?
to do the exact same thing 3 straight times takes at least some thinking. you come in, run around and aggro stuff to kill us, then AFK at the same time during each run. Plus there is also some thinking involved in opening the que and choosing the same instance 3 times. I am pretty sure this person knows what they are doing. This isn't someone who is just running into walls and petting their tribble while we battle it out. This is someone who knows to run into a room, fire their weapon, then run back toward and past us while he is pursued. No, I did not give all this detail in my original post. I didn't think I would be on here splitting hairs with anyone.

To answer some other posts, as I said before, i doubt the kick button would be abused much. There will be a time or two, but for the most part I am sure most of us will use it correctly. In the big, giant MMO I used to play, it was left to a majority vote. At least 3 people had to approve the vote for it to pass. In the time that I played with the kick feature in place, not once did I ever see it misused.

Last edited by olivia211; 11-26-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't think that Cryptic has much interest in policing this, or resolving any griefing complaints.
( although I wish they would )
The most obvious solution for players is to avoid the queues, and team only with friends and Fleet.
Building stronger and larger Fleets would be in Cryptics self-interest, the social aspects of a good Fleet could keep players in the game longer. ( and potentially spending more RL $$ )
Fixing a system that could end up even more broken, with new bugs, and works counter to that idea, wouldn't be a priority. ( imo )
This concern has been expressed in more than a few threads over the months, and I don't believe I have seen any Cryptic response anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-28-2012, 03:33 PM
It just keeps getting worse and worse. Earlier today I was in a Starbase Blockade. As soon as I spawn, some guy is trash talking the team. I pay no attention until I notice a minute later that as we're off fighting enemies, he's just parked by the edge of the map doing nothing. One player had already ditched as soon as the leech opened his mouth. I decided I wasn't going to help him get free marks. Say what you will about bailers, but I for one will not feed the parasites.

Just now I was in a Khitomer Space Elite, and a third of the way in I noticed that I couldn't find one of our team members anywhere. Clicking on his icon focused the camera on the spawn point. I thought maybe he was having loading problems or something, and I didn't feel like getting the STF leaver penalty, so I stayed this time. We did rather well for a four person team, getting the optional with minutes to spare. Of course, he suddenly appears just as Donatra gets down to 10%. It's bloody disgusting what Cryptic lets these people get away with.
Captain
# 58
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM
This is just an idea and may or may not work but anyone added to your ignore list would prevent them from being put into any active pug groups that you are placed in.
Commander
# 59
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
The reason Cryptic doesn't do anything about it: AFKing is not against TOS.

I mean, sure, it's an asshat move by some people--that much is certain. But it's not ToSable or bannable. Therefore, neither Cryptic nor PWE are bound to do anything about it.

Although I do agree, there needs to be some sort of auto-kick function or the idle timer needs to be shortened for STFs.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Quoted from PWE Terms of Service ( link below )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose that that could be interpreted in a number of different ways, and its pretty obvious how it is NOT being interpreted, or acted upon..

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Last edited by tvlar; 11-28-2012 at 08:32 PM.