Lieutenant
# 1 Actual Klingon content?
11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Out of curiosity how many people on KDF would prefer to wait till the next season for a KDF fleshed version of the content rather than a copy/paste job?

Im getting a bit bored of doing missions for reasons that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. While I understand this is mostly due to time constraints I would much rather have KDF missions actually made from a KDF point of view rather than the typical Federation point of view which is very different.

Its either that or merge the two factions because there is really little difference between the two other than aesthetics. Sure the KDF get far less content (not going into that one) but the stuff they do have is essentially copy/paste. In fact it isn't even in doubt. It truely is copy/paste.

Now Mr. Stahl always goes on about doing things for the KDF but frankly we havn't seen much of an indication that he truely means this. Since he has been back he has talked about it and still we have nothing. Its always 'next update will be for KDF'. Then when people ask about the Romulan faction they are greeted with 'not until we flesh out KDF'. Looks like the only time Romulans will be playable is when STO dies off and someone half decent picks up the IP.

I guess perhaps im being a bit harsh however. Its fairly easy to fall into the rage fueled posts amongst these threads.

If any of you devs are actually reading this however I would like to know what your stance on the KDF content currently is?

Why are the Feds and KDF at war if both are working for exactly the same things in every mission we complete?

Has this all been over Chancellor M'Pok receiving dodgy bloodwine from the annual Federation ball?

Please let us know...
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
/ signed. I would find KDF faction content instead of copy/paste enjoyable.

As well I would enjoy a war that made sense before it was taken away in a manner that does not.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 3
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I commented on this in another thread long ago, but it is worth repeating, especially since we seem to be moving to an actual end of the war.

My understanding of the backstory of all this is. Klingons discovered the Undine had infiltrated the alpha quadrant. They decided to protect their home and the galaxy at large. This included a joint Klingon and Orion blockade of the Gorn Homeworld and eventual expunging of all Undine infiltrators on said homeworld.

The federation, not realizing the extent of the infiltration, if they believed it at all, condemned the Empires actions. J'mpok in response to this withdrew from the Khitomer accords and In this we have our war.

Here is the problem. From the Fed side, we are discovering and (at least internally) that the Klingons were right all along. So now the war and its disagreements are pretty much irrelevant. Peace is the logical next step.

That said, I agree with the general consensus, I would hate for peace to just happen. Klingon honor was insulted, and before the Empire even considers returning to peace with the Federation, Honor must be satisfied. Now, if that happens, I say end the war, the two sides have been allies for far too long for either to hold a grudge for grudges sack.
Captain
# 4
11-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
That said, I agree with the general consensus, I would hate for peace to just happen. Klingon honor was insulted, and before the Empire even considers returning to peace with the Federation, Honor must be satisfied. Now, if that happens, I say end the war, the two sides have been allies for far too long for either to hold a grudge for grudges sack.
I think the best way for the war to end would be to have the Iconians launch a massive invasion of the Galaxy, something on the scale of the Destiny novels' "Borg Invasion of 2381". Some massive, immediate threat that forces the factions to come together to save themselves.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lieutenant
# 5
11-28-2012, 08:59 PM
You'll Get Nothing and Like It
I kid, I kid . . .
I too support a full-blown KDF levelling experience. Complete with KDF-exclusive FE-quality storylines and missions. And also, more anything KDF-related really.
I already have 14 Lt Gen's, but I could use a good reason to level my Caitian and a Lethean.
Captain
# 6
11-29-2012, 03:01 AM
I'd just be happy getting alternatives to the copy/paste fedstuff for the levels we DO have-esp. the whole fluidic-space thing. Storyline makes zero sense Klingon side, in fact, it's one of those missions where, right before I hit 'Decline' I'm looking at my screen going..."So, how infiltrated ARE we now??" with the accompanying thought of maybe 'testing' the High Council with some nice hot plasma to see which ones grow three legs and a funny head, seven feet tall.

Which would be a truly badass alternative-undine hunting through the streets of Qo'nos...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Commander
# 7
11-29-2012, 03:19 AM
The Klingon Content is all good for me. I like it a lot
Career Officer
# 8
11-29-2012, 03:25 AM
The Udine are clearly in charge of all Klingon content. At least it seems like it.

I like playing with my Gorn now and agian, but at times it seems so pointles, mainly when I was leveling him up with missions that make no sense, like helping Romulans settle in to their new world with the rep system.

The KDF was reported to have moved in to sections of Romulan space to expand their empire due to the supernova. Not help them choose new curtains for the lounge room.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Captain
# 9
11-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branmakmorrn View Post
No you don't, thats Cryptic's attitude towards delivering proper exploration, PvP, Ground, KDF, and pretty much customers in general! :p
Captain
# 10
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM
NO !
No peace in our time.

A war without end is all I've ever known between humans and Klingons. I will never accept a combined faction, and I will wait for the real KDF content before accepting the reskinned fed content that could come much sooner.

"To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf