Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I too have heard people saying they cannot equip more than one cutting beam to their ship. I haven't tried to make any so at least I didn't waste my time. Still, I do not see why you would want multiple cutting beams when it would significantly reduce your dps. From what I understand, they do little to no damage to shields.
like i said they are in the same range as the 180 torp and the missles (around 500 dps). I use it on my cruiser and if you use turrets it would actualy improve your dps if you replace a turret with one since its stronger. True like all kinetic weapons shields are nearly immune but once they go down the thing shines. Im think it also scales with weapon power, have to double check that though.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 12
11-28-2012, 08:45 PM
From my own experience using the cutting beam it bypasses shields and directly does hull dmg while your other weapons are draining their shields, but I may be wrong.
Lieutenant
# 13
11-28-2012, 09:33 PM
i'm still iffy on the cutting beam personally. i replaced one of my polaron turrets with it and i don't seem to be able to take ships down as quickly as i did when i had that turret on there. weird i know. i haven't had opportunity though to test it out as fully as I'd like due to all the server disconnects i've been experiencing since the friday after the patch. On the flip side, i do like the shuttle idea mentioned above. I may have to try that if i can ever queue up the vault shuttle mission.
Career Officer
# 14
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
So in the info box for the KCB, what does "toggle 4 max" mean? I was speculating that you could equip up to 4.

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltypineapple View Post
So in the info box for the KCB, what does "toggle 4 max" mean? I was speculating that you could equip up to 4.
Fires 4 times per cycle
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln