Lt. Commander
# 21
04-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadoka
Miles O'Brien ... Falcon
Miles O'Brien was always an mystery in itself as we really didn't know what and who he was. His past was so secret per se.
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-27-2012, 09:26 PM
You know he does not beat Scotty, but he had some of the absolute best episodes so I have to mention my second favorite Star Trek character of all time, and mt favorite DS9 character... Quark.

Because on the outside he was a greedy grinch who'd sell his mother for the right profit, then manipulate an entire quadrant to fight along side him to get her back once the rush of the deal wore off.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.

Last edited by piwright42; 11-27-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Lieutenant
# 23
11-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Data because of the cute scene when he is petting the Tribble while he is saying they have no effect on him. It was a cute scene, I loved it, lol
----------------------------------------------------

STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
Captain
# 24
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Tuvok.
He was a full-blood Vulcan, so didn't have to 'act Vulcan' to prove himself like Spock did. I especially liked his relationship with Tom Paris, they were a good 'odd couple'. Not truly 'friends' in Tuvok's eyes, (although Paris did say that he considered Tuvok a friend) but certainly a deeper respect than mere 'colleagues'. If anything, their relationship was more like that of an older brother having to put up with a younger brother's shenanigans, but still having a fondness and appreciation for the other.

Last edited by marcusdkane; 11-28-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 25
11-28-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm very much a Kathryn Janeway fan, I enjoyed watching Voyager, although there are some cringe episodes where I was *face palming*

my favorite quote by far from Janeway is - "Mind melds... the last time I heard the words "my mind to your mind", I had a headache for two weeks"

I have very much based my Character; Rachel Victoria Johnson on Janeway, being very much influenced by Voyager and Janeways Captaining "regardless of how Voyager and Janeway are viewed in the Star Trek Community"

RachelJ88
Captain
# 26
11-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Dr. McCoy from TOS mainly because he's very professional but maintains his 'earthy' country charm.

I also like Q from TNG (who doesn't) and Shran (the Andorian from ENT) because BOTH are played by excellent actors.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Survivor of Romulus
# 27 Can't pick just one
11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
TOS- McCoy- he held the trio together

TNG- Picard- best Captain, best growth as a character( besides Data but he was obvious)

DS9- Main Cast- Sisko- He dealt with problems most men do not and made the real hard decisions. Secondary Cast- Garak- deserved way more screen time

VOY- Tuvok- opened up the Vulcan aspect in most ways more than Spock also deserved more stories with him

ENT- Archer- Alot of the stories were centered around him but out of all the characters on Enterprise he was the most interesting because I was always wondering what he was gonna do next, mess up or not.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Empire Veteran
# 28 Quark UP
11-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Definitily Quark!!! with its security leaks (Odo )
Career Officer
# 29
11-29-2012, 03:12 AM
My favorites were the dynamic duo of N'Vek and Toreth.

N'Vek was a 'good' Romulan, but, well...he's still a Romulan. Very intelligent, yet intensely emotional, held together by self-discipline and a strong sense of purpose. His idealism and sense of principle don't make him any less ruthless or deterministic than any other Romulan.

Being a 'good guy' doesn't make him anyone's "beer buddy".

It's fascinating to see the Romulan character played out as something other than a villain...and yet the result is not quite heroic. The acting was also of course amazing.

Toreth was the character Janeway should have been. Definitely female - passive-aggressive, touchy, emotional, contentious, sentimental. Yet she was never whimsical, erratic or self-pitying the way Janeway was (being styled after white American female middle managers, of course).

Toreth had many of the qualities that made Picard an admirable character - wisdom, tact, courage, loyalty, responsibility, passion - yet she's definitely NOT Picard. Picard is a diplomat; Toreth is a fighter. Picard is conciliatory; Toreth is merciless. Picard is motivated by truth and justice; Toreth is motivated by duty. It is that difference in value systems superimposed on many of the same virtues that made Toreth a fascinating character.

I still think that a series featuring the adventures of Toreth and the IRW Khazara would have been well worth watching. Provided it had competent writers, actors and screenplay, of course - things VOY didn't have. Still, at least the premise - Toreth dealing with the flaws of her society and vision while doing the best she can with her situation - would have been more worthwhile than the cosmic inverse of "to boldly go".