Lt. Commander
# 41
11-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I've actually been on less, due to new duties at work causing me to come home later, and I am still making between 3500-4500/dil day.

No, I don't have time to do it for all three of my toons, but it's pretty easy work - mostly DOff missions. Turn in contraband, settlement missions, have mostly purple doffs so crit quite a bit not hard to get 125DIL for multiple missions.

Run a few Red Alerts get DIL and Omega Marks (been actually concentrating on those lately anyway since I'm trying to get all the acolades for some reason).

Regardless, point being for the amount of time I actually play, I make a pretty good chunk of DIL.

YMMV, obviously.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Commander
# 42
11-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcontact View Post

2) There is no reason for me to log now, I did grind 25-30 toons thru the daily Investigate's for the dil and marks to work on fleet stuff ..... not now.
What? Your only reason to log in before S7 was the daily's? For a starbase that does just grant some small upgrades to your weapons/ships?That's not playing, that's mindless grinding.
You should be glad that the devs removed this daily. Now you have more time for your friends/partner/family/games.

Steam and GGO have some nice discounts on games with actual content xD

I stopped doing the STF's all the time. I don't care that much about dilithium because my kling generates enough contraband for my 3 chars. Thats 6.0000 Dill a day. 3xLore missions and other doff missions and I am over 10.000 most days.

I finally have time for the foundry and I finished the storymissions on my first char :-)

I also couldn't notice a drop in user activity. Au contraire. Waiting time for STF is the same as before, Fleetactions are a lot faster. I stopped Pvp after 2 days because of the AFK'ers, *******s and loser klings in it. And the waiting for the PvP queues was to long.

So far, I do not dislike S7 xD It has a little more content than S6. It is more geared to the casual gamer. The artists did a great job on the vesta (I don't care about the stats and abilitys) and New Romulus.

Cryptic added a lot of incentives for the stupid ones to buy dill with Zen so that I can play for free. I like that :-)

Can't wait for the updates on S8. Hopefully we get more content this time. 2 seasons adding grind was enough. PWE should get now enough money that they allow Cryptic to create more real content.

Last edited by luxchristian; 11-29-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw74 View Post
Here lately I dread logging in. It just seems like work. Sometimes I just say "I will play later" and just put it off and not even play at all.
This is the problem. Ease one of the grinds even temporarily and things will make a major improvement. If I want to progress my 4 main characters in the ROM rep I am looking at either doing a rediculous diplomacy mission 28 times, or spending a few hours blowing up enemies who appear in identical patterns over and over and are so weak it's pathetic.

That chunk of time is time i'm not earning Dilithium, OM's or FM's (or having fun). Remove one of the grinds (even temporarily) and it'll go a long way to help resolve the issue.
Captain
# 44
11-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megrae View Post
Its not the same drop. Lots of the people I noticed are fleetmates and friends that I have known for quite some time. They used to play damn near every day, and for hours and hours at a time. Now some of them don't even log in every day and when they do its for 1/4 to 1/3 of the time they used to.
Yes it is. Your trying to make something out of nothing, because perception is everything; and you have worked your brain up to perceive a negative connotation associated with season 7. All the major public channels have approximately the same amount of users they have had for the past couple months, minus the surge right at the launch of season 7
Commander
# 45
11-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumosmith View Post
This is the problem. Ease one of the grinds even temporarily and things will make a major improvement. If I want to progress my 4 main characters in the ROM rep I am looking at either doing a rediculous diplomacy mission 28 times, or spending a few hours blowing up enemies who appear in identical patterns over and over and are so weak it's pathetic.

That chunk of time is time i'm not earning Dilithium, OM's or FM's (or having fun). Remove one of the grinds (even temporarily) and it'll go a long way to help resolve the issue.
And with the playersbase asked reduction on the timer for the projects, the grind is just getting worse -.- IF you want to complete them in the fastest possible way.
Captain
# 46
11-29-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcontact View Post
*Can STO recover?

What would it take?
Fire somebody .
Or two somebodies .
The somebodies who are actually responsible , and not scape goats .
Make the other workers take notice and go "oh S^&*t , I could be next" .
The art team is fine , the rest could really use a shake up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Stop thinking "End game"

Stop thinking "Grind"
And stop thinking "what works in other games must works 4 STO" .
Bring in someone who can objectively look at what has worked for STO -- instead of the constant ego-driven circus that we have to contend with in the end .
Oh and a little less "we MUST try new things" (at the cost of abandoning the old and half finished) would be nice too .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-29-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Captain
# 47
11-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterofblood :
I am happy to report that we've gain 100 new members since s7 because we have the highest level KDF base all the members of losers fleets are bailing out for us, thnk you season seven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
^ and that attitude is one of the reasons why large fleets suck tribble.
While small fleets seem to "miss the obvious" in that if they join a larger fleet together -- as a group , then maybe they can keep the 'spirit' of their small fleet alive inside the large fleet .

Not all large fleets require you to "ware the fleet uniform and do what we do" .
As long as you are willing to contribute to projects (and are not leeching) , I think there are fleets who would leave you be who you are now .
I know my fleet would .
(apologies if this sounds like a recruitment post . it's not intended as such .)
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-29-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Captain
# 48
11-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
While small fleets seem to "miss the obvious" in that if they join a larger fleet together -- as a group , then maybe they can keep the 'spirit' of their small fleet alive inside the large fleet .
That is a terrible, insipid, practically worthless consolation for small fleets who have been working towards their starbase goals, only to be told they have to abandon their own dreams to join a bigger fleet.
Captain
# 49
11-29-2012, 07:00 AM
I'm sure getting kicked every 2 minutes is a factor in how much time people are willing to devote to this.
Commander
# 50
11-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
LOL, oh man, that's a funny one. And completely wrong. That the devs are trying very hard to force this, is also completely wrong.