Commander
Can some help me with this thank you
Lieutenant
# 2
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
It really depends on your internet speed for the most part,but if your using an old computer(3+ yrs old) ram and cpu may also be a factor.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
No, there's something else wrong somewhere, I've never had this much trouble patching STO and my PC isn't old. Currently patching tribble and after 20 mins I'm on 10% of a 512mb patch, usually takes a few minutes. Coupled with my lagging/freezing problems since S7 I am understandably fed up.
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.
Lieutenant
Hi, Its 7:04 central time and I been having a big issue with the internal patch system tonight. Its been slowly patching every load screen I tried to get on the bridge of one of my capt. ships and it paused the load screen at 46% disconnected me from the server for 800 sec and the internal patch froze up I was not kicked out to the log on screen.

Its doesnt say the servers down its just freezing on load screens I checked everything on my end and did a reboot checked my internet connection and I still having issues.

It has to be at your end.

Thanks
Commander
# 5
11-29-2012, 07:33 AM
It's not my end
Lieutenant
# 6
11-29-2012, 09:23 AM
well i dont know what to say as i havent had those issues since s7 launch,and for my previous post i though the OP meant he had issues updating the game not the ingame map patcher lol.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
Ensign
# 7 Slow Patching
08-28-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't know what was taking so long, but it looked to me like the updater was hung. I finally just rebooted my machine and it is patching normally now.