Captain
# 31
11-28-2012, 04:59 PM
The first thing that came to mind after reading that description was Star Trek: Generations.

I'm not looking forward to this.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 32
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Mmmmmm... Reapers.

Sounds like a lovely Q event for Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
11-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well it can't be Gary (as he never existed now)
Nor Garth (also never existed)

see both of those have tie ins to Kirk SENIOR and Abrams blew him up
How do those guys not exist? Just because the timeline changed a couple of decades prior to the major part of the movie don't mean, they don't exist. I would imagine that the changes mean Gary Mitchell and kirk never met, and I imagine that Garth of Izar is still locked away some way, considering his crimes from the Primary timeline took place prior to the changes.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
11-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Gary mitchell died before birth (his fathers life was not saved by Kirks father)

Garth likewise never lived

its complicated but due to the destruction in the first film almost no one exists from the real universe (for example there has never been a savik a sanik a Tuvok etc)

the destiny of entire planets was erased.

Kirk has no brother (destroyed before birth) thus the intergalactic parasite destroyed countless worlds.

Spocks family is dead Vulcan no longer exists there is no Babel conference and thus the Orions are much much more powerful

the Borg probably win the battle of wolf 359 (because the federation is weaker) etc
Captain
# 35
11-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
No Denying the quality of the casting, but after the abortion of JJ's first movie, I have no faith in this one being any better...
I'm pretty sure I saw the first one, but don't remember it (it was that forgettable). I just can't help wondering if all that talent can save this new movie, might be worth the 10 bucks to see this train wreck.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
11-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Gary mitchell died before birth (his fathers life was not saved by Kirks father)

Garth likewise never lived

its complicated but due to the destruction in the first film almost no one exists from the real universe (for example there has never been a savik a sanik a Tuvok etc)

the destiny of entire planets was erased.

Kirk has no brother (destroyed before birth) thus the intergalactic parasite destroyed countless worlds.
(because the federation is weaker) etc
I'm trying to figure out how people born before Kirk, no longer exist becuase of the events in the 2009 movie? Everyone does understand that everything up to the point of the Narada's arrival is the same as the Prime Universe? Right?
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
11-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how people born before Kirk, no longer exist becuase of the events in the 2009 movie? Everyone does understand that everything up to the point of the Narada's arrival is the same as the Prime Universe? Right?
Kirks FATHER was erased from time
this erased Garth and Gary

actually the reboot also messed up Scotty Spock and the others as well and destroyed the entire chronology

But Garth is Not older than kirk by all that much.
Career Officer
# 38
11-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
this erased Garth and Gary.
Please elaborate on this. How was he "erased?"
@HyperLimited
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
11-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
this erased Garth and Gary

actually the reboot also messed up Scotty Spock and the others as well and destroyed the entire chronology

But Garth is Not older than kirk by all that much.

And elaborate on how Garth is not that much older. Kirk states in TOS that Garth's tactics were studied at the Academy, which pretty much means he was a ship's Captain while Kirk was a teenager, at worst.
Captain
# 40
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Sollvax, you're an idiot. If Kirk's father was erased from time, Kirk never would have existed. He *died*. That's what happened. He died. He wasn't erased, he wasn't zapped into the nexus. He died. He fell into a black hole, not the Krenim Timeship's main firing beam.