Starfleet Veteran
Similar to the thread "Your Least Favorite Trek Character And Why?", lets start up some random discussion on your least Fav Species

This can me Minor or Major species in TV or Movies.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Hate me if you must, but my vote goes for Caitian. Seeing those for the first time in Star Trek IV made me cringe. Cats? Maybe a Dog race would be better, I like Dogs ... eg a lovable Mog
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 3
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't really dislike any of the species, they all have their own merits.
Captain
# 4
11-29-2012, 04:50 PM
1. Despite the fact that I made my main from that planet just because I feel a need to redeem them, the "1940s Space Africans" from that really racist TNG episode in the first season.

2. I suspect the Kazon will be a popular pick. Because they were dorks.

3. As will be the Pakleds.

4. And the Orions, while iconic, are made of the fears and resentments of millions of babymen and social conservatives, and are pretty embarrassing to think about in the 21st century.
# 5
11-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Pakleds

Personally they need to "look for things that make [them] go" away.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Pakleds. How did a race of people with the intellectual capacity of a 3 year old ever get to space and are able to remain there? I think I remember that they steal technology from other races but how stupid must those races be to be tricked by the Pakled.
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
Captain
# 7
11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Generic Aliens.

I suppose if I had to pick a actual species, I would also say Caitians. The problem is Trek tends to a good job with their species. Even species like the Cardassians and Changelings, which are mostly inclined to be seen as a "Villianous" species are fairly fleshed out to the point where, even if you aren't rooting for them, you like them anyways.

Caitians and your generic aliens just haven't been given the fleshing out and backstories needed to make them lovable. Caitians just seemed be thrown in there cause they could, and well lets be honest, there is a reason generic aliens are called "generic" they aren't suppose to be fleshed out, they are just out there to be there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Bajorans. Too much religious crap. I was looking forward to a DS9 episode that would exterminate the entire race.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Cardassians or the Borg

The Borg aren't really a species so the Cardassians.
A race that willfully occupies another race for decades does not deserve mercy when its their turn to lose

I would actually welcome the Borg assiimilating the cardassians
then we could de-assimilate them with a quantum torpedo
Career Officer
# 10
11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Wadi

Porthos is not amused.