Captain
# 61
11-29-2012, 04:26 PM
I deal with the trolls in 3 ways.

1. I never go to Drozana. Never.
2. I have Zone and Local de-activated.
3. I only chat in Fleet and CatPhone.

Problem solved.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 62
11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Maybe put in some UNKILLABLE nausicans
who rip into anyone who fires off a party popper , extinguisher or other visual spam device
I like that, a group of Nasican thugs yells "You have no Grumbas" then starts ripping the offender a new one.
Survivor of Romulus
# 63
11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Or a "Xena" Klingon who proceeds to smack them about like a red headed stepchild until they log out
Captain
# 64
11-29-2012, 04:50 PM
sollvax, you may think that the riff raff is going to come at you with low level miniguns and party poppers, but what happens when the whole lot of them charges at you with Mk 12 pulsewaves, blast assaults, and rifles? Then would you enjoy an open PvP zone on Drozana where you're constantly camped? Go visit Kerrat and wait until a classic spawn camp forms. It may not be ground, but the effect is still the same: an overwhelming group of people sits on your spawn with powerful weapons and kills you as soon as you reappear.

So, you still want to have an open PvP zone? I couldn't care if there was, I'd never visit it anyway because it would be madness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Survivor of Romulus
# 65
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
the pests are one single fleet (and not even a big one) at any given time they can muster about 20 guys Trust me I had an argument with pretty much their whole roster in the personel office

half of whom are VA ranked half of whom are pure griefers (ie no combat potential)

At any given time in a given instance you can find maybe forty Rpers

and note the camping would not work (respawning on ESD was mentioned)
Captain
# 66
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Ok sollvax, let's assume they're not respawning on ESD as I see no beneficial sides to that; you're simply moving the problem from one social zone to another. Pretty soon ESD would be the new Drozana (think logically about that).

Anyway, as others have said here's how you deal with a troll/griefer/harrasser:

1) you can put them on your ignore list if they are verbally harrassing you (keep reading before you post a reply)
2) beam up or move to a different zone, or
3) just stop paying attention to them. Most effective tool you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 67
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
You cannot legislate-away everything that bothers you in life and if you try you will just create a wasteland where no one can say anything for fear it will "offend" someone who trolls around looking to be offended. Much like the OP I am guessing.

YOU HAVE NO INALIENABLE RIGHT TO NEVER BE ANNOYED BY ANYTHING.

Get over yourself.
Career Officer
# 68
11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
If someone is annoying you on Drozana, you can either:

1. Right click the person and click "ignore". This will stop you from seeing messages from that person.

2. If someone is following you and blowing up party poppers in your face, then change instances. Problem solved.
Captain
# 69
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
This discussion is pointless, they will never turn a social hub into a a PvP zone. Bullies are inherent cowards, whether in a school yard or in a game, they won't attack someone they know can defend themselves, they won't start anything with an armed group, they will wait until they can single their victims out and there is no way that a defense can be in constant preparedness. A unified defense only works if the parties involved are actually working together, that will rarely occur since nobody is going to be willing to "live" in the zone to be prepared in case something happens and many of these would be defenders are simply not going to want to get involved. End result is random killings of players caught unawares and a lot more complaining in the forums then we ever see now.
Drozana is so unimportant nothing dramatic needs to be done there, as others have said the best solution is to simply ignore the troublemakers.

Last edited by maxvitor; 11-29-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Rihannsu
# 70
11-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
You cannot legislate-away everything that bothers you in life and if you try you will just create a wasteland where no one can say anything for fear it will "offend" someone who trolls around looking to be offended. Much like the OP I am guessing.

YOU HAVE NO INALIENABLE RIGHT TO NEVER BE ANNOYED BY ANYTHING.

Get over yourself.
I support this viewpoint. Seriously... if people want to annoy you the best solution is to ignore them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.