Rihannsu
# 11
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Some good stuff in the patch notes guys. Keep up the good work on the game. I look forward to testing out the changes.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Career Officer
# 12
11-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Looking at the list of known issues tells me the Cryptic/PWE team hasn't done much of anything.
Captain
# 13
11-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
how come this is more expensive than the assault cruiser ? , i mean come on 5 fleet module's is excessive tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
It's because they want to be able to introduce ships which have innate abilities and no console abilities. Originally they weren't going to do that, because then there was no reason to buy the C-store version, but they decided they would include them - just make them more expensive to compensate.

Excelsior has TW to all sectors, which is innate and not a console ability. If it was a console ability, it would be 4 modules, but as it's innate it's 5.

Got it?
It's pretty much strictly better (despite being an older ship, due to having a higher turn rate and the innate transwarp) and gets knocked down to the same price if you purchase the C-Store Excelsior (which you should, since it'll be the same price either way unless you get all your fleet modules via the Exchange).

And it's available two tiers earlier, and the correlating C-Store ship is 500 Zen cheaper. As a Sovereign fan, I want to know how that's fair.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Will this fix the "can't slot boffs" bug?

I didn't see that in the notes, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Especially since it's a pretty serious bug.
See Post #3 from Branflakes
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 15
11-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Some good stuff in the patch notes guys. Keep up the good work on the game. I look forward to testing out the changes.
Agreed, good stuff but there are still some issues to be addressed. I also look forward to testing, well, anything. Once Voporak sees the light of STO day again.

But on a happier note, the devs are doing a pretty good job of getting stuff done, not just adding fluff (and yes, I know fluff - I'm in a fleet of only kitties ).
Lieutenant
# 16
11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
All Tier-Up projects have had their Dilithium costs completely removed. so dose that mean we get a refund derp....
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-29-2012, 09:05 PM
No news on the extra commander universal seat exploit due to the shuttle? Its good to have the queues working again but PvP will still not really be fun while there are cheaters flying around in crazy OP ships (oh yes they can still be destroyed, but it is just annoying).
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I hope they turn down the nerfed up borg to an acceptable level. C'mon, extra shield powers and hull enforcements blast away with + 100K one hits. Be frekking normal, even in the TV series, a borg vessel was never able to do that.

I can accept that they made it a bit more difficult, but this is way over the top. It's no longer enjoyable, even for the most experienced players around here. GET REAL, PLEASE.
Career Officer
# 19
11-29-2012, 09:20 PM
leave the assimilated module as a mission reward for Assimilated please

it's not like you're offering the entire set, or have you failed to realize that the Reman Covariant Shield Array is still a mission reward for Coliseum, and is also a setpiece item
Career Officer
# 20
11-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by argent007 View Post
leave the assimilated module as a mission reward for Assimilated please

it's not like you're offering the entire set, or have you failed to realize that the Reman Covariant Shield Array is still a mission reward for Coliseum, and is also a setpiece item
I have to agree with the Assimilated Module being left in the mission and encourage that the other pieces for that set be assigned to other missions in Borg space. There are some great missions in there like Deja Q that people have absolutely no reason to play. Sadly, Cryptic seems to consistantly take away from the best missions in the game and put those rewards into boring, bland, and unwanted sinks and grinds!
Closed Thread