Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 30
11-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I don't really get where players on these forums are getting the inactivity claims. PvP is 10x more active than it was pre-season seven. There have been literally no changes in the queue timing for STFs and other PvE content. I have seen absolutely no drop in the number of players logging on friends list since season seven launch. The addition of marks and dilithium to fleet actions has significantly helped my ~45 member fleet. As for all of these "increased grind claims", everything needed to update the fleet starbase can be obtained through the duty officer system (marks, dilithium, EC, commodities). It is just a matter of how fast a base progresses through using just the doff system. The only added "grind" is the fact that you have to run 1 STF (15 minutes) and 2 vault shuttle events (10 minutes) a day in order to meet your mark quota to keep the XP projects rolling.

If a player wants to max their dilithium, all they really need to do is 9-15 PvP matches (1 - 4 hours, depends on how well matched the teams are) or 6-7 Elite STFs (1 hour 45 minutes - 3 hours) or 12-16 fleet actions (2 -3 hours). That is assuming the player only earned 800 dilithium from the duty officer system that day and you are running these missions in PUG. Running these missions with fleetmates will shave off an hour or so. Ths also doesn't even go into the fairly quick daily missions in Deferi Space, Starfleet academy, explore strange new worlds, or the Eta Eridani Sector block.

The duty officer system can be a sole source of dilithium. You may not hit the cap every day, but you will come close. I usually get around 4000-7000 dilithium from the system if I am trying to use the reputation system for dilithium grinding. Sure, it takes time traveling throughout the galaxy picking up specific projects (about 45 minutes) and hoping for a crit, but it can be worth it. The projects are certainly a nice alternative if I don't feel like grinding through missions. Running the turn in contraband assignment will significantly decrease the number of missions you need to hit the cap (2000 dilithium for 5 contraband). A critical success on Dilithium Mining will result in a 1000 dilithium reward. Turning in 1 of each type of prototype weapons platform plans to "Gamma Quadrant Allies" will give 1000 dilithium on normal and 3000 dilithium on crit, along with three large stacks of gamma quadrant commodities. Resettle colonists (500 dilithium) and resolve missions also give high rewards.

So to be perfectly honest, I don't see why there is an outcry over the dilithium changes. Nor do I see where the inactivity claims currently sweeping the forums is coming from. Cryptic nerfed the hell out of the tier 0 and 1 projects to a point where I could solo them with relative ease if I wanted to. Tier II is much tougher, but even small fleets can advance quite steadily with some effort. It doesn't take dozens of players to get to tier III in a decent amount of time. That's just my two energy credits.
Um...what time are you on? Being sick monday an' Tuesday was rather a good chance at insight, (being as I was actually able to look in during hours I"m normally at work putting airframes together.)

I didn't see much that fits your sunny descriptions, honestly-teh PvP ques were still largely empty, (in fact, still far emptier than they were at 2AM PST any weekday in Season Six...and I'm talking about checking "Mid Day" and "Early Evening" hours U.S. time!)

Friends? given the length of MY list, seeing only the same four or five names as being "on line" at the MOST..? (and most often, not nearly that many.)

Fleet listing? Ten tops, and I'm in a fairly big fleet fedside, and the sister-fleet to that Klink side.

Not seeing all this heightened activity you're fanboing over, to be honest. Cruising Qo'Nos or ESD, parking's still not a problem, finding PEOPLE still is, and DS9's never in my experience been as empty, with as few RUNNING instances, as i've seen since S7's Launch day-it was NEVER this empty in Seasons 5 and 6.

Not even right after a patch.

so I gotta ask yas, when are you actually on?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."