Captain
# 231
11-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
So, that bearded troll is still going strong on this in a Federation forum, not a Klingon forum...
You don't know much about me don't you well there a lots of real Trek Gamers who do and they know what race I fly for and what fleet I was in.I doubt you ever heard of the Elite Federation Force have you goes back to 1999 on MPlayer.

I play Federation so that is why.

btw this is off topic.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 232
11-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I agree but in canon Fed criusers are not so nible as Klink ones are and have less shielding.
Can you prove this?
Career Officer
# 233
11-30-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
Can you prove this?
I don't think it's possible to "prove" anything without a written statement by someone within the Star Trek universe via a special information pipeline into that universe.
But what we can to is look at examples (at least when it comes to maneuverability)

I'll try to do that with one I can think of right now.

The Vor'cha and Excelsior are roughly the same size and, given what's written in various soft-canon books, roughly the same mass.
In "Way of the Warrior", the Defiant had a Vor'cha at her rear and was unable to outmaneuver it.
While it's true the Defiant had to stay close to Dukhat's ship, the only restrictions we ever heard of during transport were
-shields down
-range
-not a warp unless both ships are at same speed

there was never any mentioning of a need to hold the ship still so the need to transport people off the ship should not have hampered the Defiant's maneuvers.

In "Paradise Lost" the Defiant literally flew circles around the Lakota.

So we have two example and we have a common baseline for comparison:
the Defiant
And in this comparison two ships of similar size and mass have very different maneurability compared to the exact same ship.

p.s. I know you didn't direct this at me, but I hope you don't mind my answer
Career Officer
# 234
11-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
So, that bearded troll is still going strong on this in a Federation forum, not a Klingon forum...
I presume this means people with a beared avatar are only permitted to post in Klingon forums.
Captain
# 235
11-30-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
I presume this means people with a beared avatar are only permitted to post in Klingon forums.
Nope, just lots and lots of poorly repressed anger that folks from "That side of the trax" might have strong opinions on a certain subject, and the temerity not to stay in their ghetto when voicing said opinions.

Y'know, since we're not 'Polite company".
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 236
11-30-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I would expect gamewide Cloaking to go BattleCloak with no handicaps
As in bumping up all cloaks a tier up? That's something I'd be looking forward to, cloaking in this game is equivalent to a stronger Mask Energy Signature, not exactly much good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 237
11-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Nope, just lots and lots of poorly repressed anger that folks from "That side of the trax" might have strong opinions on a certain subject, and the temerity not to stay in their ghetto when voicing said opinions.

Y'know, since we're not 'Polite company".
I know, disagreeing is already a crime, playing KDF is an even worse crime etc.
I've seen it all, including a guy who said we shouldn't have gotten the Ka'tanco (back when we had lower tiers) because we killed Kirk's son (and meant it).

But here's the thing people around here utterly fail to explain to me.
In canon Trek the Defiant had a battlecloak.
In canon Trek the K't'inga had a battlecloak.
In canon Trek the BoP had a battlecloak.
The devs have said time and again that the reason the BoP is the only ship in STO with a battlecloak is due to game mechanics and to give it something unique.

So why do the players scream for a battlecloak for the Defiant (and some even for the Dreadnought cruiser) since "it's canon" but the Klingon battlecruisers shouldn't get it...because it's also canon they should have it.
Probably because it's a Klingon ship type and that's a crime too.
Captain
# 238
11-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
I know, disagreeing is already a crime, playing KDF is an even worse crime etc.
I've seen it all, including a guy who said we shouldn't have gotten the Ka'tanco (back when we had lower tiers) because we killed Kirk's son (and meant it).

But here's the thing people around here utterly fail to explain to me.
In canon Trek the Defiant had a battlecloak.
In canon Trek the K't'inga had a battlecloak.
In canon Trek the BoP had a battlecloak.
The devs have said time and again that the reason the BoP is the only ship in STO with a battlecloak is due to game mechanics and to give it something unique.

So why do the players scream for a battlecloak for the Defiant (and some even for the Dreadnought cruiser) since "it's canon" but the Klingon battlecruisers shouldn't get it...because it's also canon they should have it.
Probably because it's a Klingon ship type and that's a crime too.
Meh. People have their preferences.

I personally think that they can give the Defiant a BC when they give the B'Rel Retrofit not only four engie consoles, but four Tac consoles to go with them, and a third LTC Universal.

You know, to make up for the near-total tinfoil of the hull, and the lack of a 7th weapon...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 239
11-30-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
I don't think it's possible to "prove" anything without a written statement by someone within the Star Trek universe via a special information pipeline into that universe.
But what we can to is look at examples (at least when it comes to maneuverability)

I'll try to do that with one I can think of right now.

The Vor'cha and Excelsior are roughly the same size and, given what's written in various soft-canon books, roughly the same mass.
In "Way of the Warrior", the Defiant had a Vor'cha at her rear and was unable to outmaneuver it.
While it's true the Defiant had to stay close to Dukhat's ship, the only restrictions we ever heard of during transport were
-shields down
-range
-not a warp unless both ships are at same speed

there was never any mentioning of a need to hold the ship still so the need to transport people off the ship should not have hampered the Defiant's maneuvers.

In "Paradise Lost" the Defiant literally flew circles around the Lakota.

So we have two example and we have a common baseline for comparison:
the Defiant
And in this comparison two ships of similar size and mass have very different maneurability compared to the exact same ship.

p.s. I know you didn't direct this at me, but I hope you don't mind my answer

There a plenty of cannon episodes that show ships move really well or they don't. The galaxy class moves quicker on screen than in the show. The Negh'var moves slower in the shows but faster in game.

The Defiant vs Vorcha, the defiant didnt seem to move as fast as it should be able to, plus it had to keep within transporter range of the Cardasian ship.

Asw for the Lakota, there was nothing holding the defiant back.

But my argument was simple question to the person i quoted. Where is the evidence that KDF ships have better shields and more nimble?
Career Officer
# 240
11-30-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
There a plenty of cannon episodes that show ships move really well or they don't. The galaxy class moves quicker on screen than in the show. The Negh'var moves slower in the shows but faster in game.
Show...screen, can you please specify what means what because you leave me guessing here.

Quote:
The Defiant vs Vorcha, the defiant didnt seem to move as fast as it should be able to, plus it had to keep within transporter range of the Cardasian ship.

Asw for the Lakota, there was nothing holding the defiant back.
The transporters have a range of 40,000 kilometers (TNGTM) so as I already mentioned before this is not an argument that makes sense.

Quote:
But my argument was simple question to the person i quoted. Where is the evidence that KDF ships have better shields and more nimble?
Okay, fine.

*EDIT, I do have a suspicion what the person in question will answer, let's see if I'm right*

Last edited by misterde3; 11-30-2012 at 05:11 AM.