Captain
# 11
11-30-2012, 05:34 AM
if i get a manson with a view at mons olympus + i can bring anybody i like...sure! I could also do some valid research: How nerds behave in outer space and the party properties of mars!

PS: the music from the clip is absolutely obligatory!
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-30-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Martians obviously

(even if they are micro organisms)
Career Officer
# 13
11-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
maybe true but if he cant someone else will, since the aerospace industry in growing and its getting more competitive which in turn will make but tech etc to be the first on Mars. YAY another space race has began I would not mind being one of those 80,000 people, defiantly go down in the history books and also as long we can get back as well, no one way trips.
No on all counts.

The aerospace industry is "growing" only because of spending on weapons. It is not growing more competitive, there has been a string of consolidations in recent decades. There won't be a 'space race' because of corporate greed, and there isn't any money in going to Mars, at least not in the timeframe corps are interested in.

Like I said, if they can't even get satelites in orbit as well as the USA/USSR did 60 years ago, what makes you think he'll be able to get 80k people to Mars?

This is just a case of a failed braggart making bigger boasts to keep his audience.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-30-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Martians obviously

(even if they are micro organisms)
really hoping that's a joke.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 15
11-30-2012, 05:39 AM
Gladly!

Last edited by cookiecrook; 11-30-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
11-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
really hoping that's a joke.
If there is life on Mars (a mid range probablity) then it owns the planet
the same as life here owns this one

if there isn't (a higher range) but there one day might be it belongs to that future life

We do not have a right to invade and take it by force.
Career Officer
# 17
11-30-2012, 06:30 AM
If there was enough to do over there (gardens, entertainment, security ect) then yes, I would move. It would be a different atmosphere over there (literally) and it would get us away from all the crap going on over here.

In addition, you'd actually live a little bit longer too. At least, unless you were killed.

Quote:
If there is life on Mars (a mid range probablity) then it owns the planet
the same as life here owns this one

if there isn't (a higher range) but there one day might be it belongs to that future life

We do not have a right to invade and take it by force.
By your logic, humanity should remain on Earth until this planet becomes unstable and our entire species dies.

Last edited by flash525; 11-30-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
11-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Like I said, if they can't even get satelites in orbit as well as the USA/USSR did 60 years ago, what makes you think he'll be able to get 80k people to Mars?
Didn't know SpaceX's satellites were exploding on the pad left and right like the US and Soviets back in the 60's. One satellite not making it's designated orbit does not make it unreliable.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
11-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
No
Occupation of someone elses planet is impolite and illegal

We have no right to invade mars
you have watch to much vulcan related stuff...

Mars will become part of the Human Empire muhahahahahaha...
Career Officer
# 20
11-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Didn't know SpaceX's satellites were exploding on the pad left and right like the US and Soviets back in the 60's. One satellite not making it's designated orbit does not make it unreliable.
One out of four, which makes for a 75% rate and is significantly worse than vehicles in the 60s which were safe enough to transport humans, and were not in fact "exploding on the pad left and right".

Previous privately funded ventures have met with similar results overall. Dismal unreliability.

Selling this garbage as "business venture" is just that, garbage. Privately funded space travel doesn't work because it is all about short-term gains, and bankruptcy law encourages excessive risk because the owners still laugh all the way to the bank even if their business goes nowhere.

To even call privatized spaceflight a "private venture" is dishonest because all these firms are heavily subsidized. What it is, is a big scam, nothing but a scam, that ensures less real development in the field and at greater cost to taxpayers.