Empire Veteran
# 21
11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
For those interested, private queues and voldemort appear to be fixed on tribble and since the normal patch day has been Thursday, I will take a leap and assume this issue resolved once the next patch occurs.

I did two tests.

1. I logged into a copy of my character effected by the bug. All my boffs were NIL.
2. I attempted to reproduce the bug (which is stupid easy,) and nothing.

It will be easy enough to verify once live.

Hopefully that gets patched tomorrow!
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
# 22
11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that smaller bugs get fixed faster because they're easier to identify and less likely to damage other systems when fixed?

Sometimes larger bugs remain longer because of their complexity; "fixing" them quickly may break something else and cause even more gnashing of teeth on the forums.

Just because a bug is not fixed in a "timely" manner does not mean it is not being worked on or is not the highest priority on the list. It might well just mean that it's harder to fix and will take longer. Rushing out a major fix can be a major mistake.

Since the majority of the game seems to be playable, there apparently are no "gamebreaking" bugs. Parts might be broken or not working as intended, but as a whole, the bulk of the game is perfectly playable. If certain bugs should "never be allowed to remain, for any length of time" leads to them having to take the game down completely until it can be ironed out, that would be far worse than allowing a bug to remain in the live environment while it is being investigated in a test environment.
Following the DevTracker to the PvP subforums should trigger a disclaimer. "Warning: You may be stepping in over your head. Proceed at your own risk."

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The question arises, mind you - well to me at least; how much of the game is "perfectly" playable because of the various bugs?

People tend to think of gamebreaking bugs as things that prevent you from playing the game. They often ignore gamebreaking bugs that allow you to play the game better than intended.

In a twisted manner, PvPers are advocates for NPCs. After all, the NPCs can't complain...
Case in point. I think that pretty much sums it up.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
# 23
11-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
For those interested, private queues and voldemort appear to be fixed on tribble and since the normal patch day has been Thursday, I will take a leap and assume this issue resolved once the next patch occurs.

I did two tests.

1. I logged into a copy of my character effected by the bug. All my boffs were NIL.
2. I attempted to reproduce the bug (which is stupid easy,) and nothing.

It will be easy enough to verify once live.

Hopefully that gets patched tomorrow!
Awesome, great to hear.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Empire Veteran
# 24
11-30-2012, 02:19 AM
From todays patch notes:
Quote:
Players may need to re-slot their Bridge Officers and/or Bridge Officer abilities.
An issue was resolved that erroneously granted some players an extra Bridge Officer ability.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Ever since I quit this game my IQ has gone up. I still read this forum, but the damage is not as great.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Captain
# 26
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM
I think the patch notes are making me nervous. Was Cryptic attacking 1 specific bug that only allowed 1 extra BOFF, or did they tackle the "Wow, I have 72 BOFF abilities in my power list" bug?

I never tried it myself, but have seen the results in screenshots and in gameplay.
Quote:
Captain
# 27
11-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
I think the patch notes are making me nervous. Was Cryptic attacking 1 specific bug that only allowed 1 extra BOFF, or did they tackle the "Wow, I have 72 BOFF abilities in my power list" bug?

I never tried it myself, but have seen the results in screenshots and in gameplay.
It's only a 633MB patch...so...they might have missed that. With it extended until x:45... if it's not extended again, we'll probably see shortly. They've already asked that folks let them know if things are still broken (er, you know - not as if they should know this - but sure, we can let them know)...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 28
11-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
Ever since I quit this game my IQ has gone up. I still read this forum, but the damage is not as great.
Oh Kahless, I'm doomed.

what we talking about again? oh look, something shiny........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 29
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Oh Kahless, I'm doomed.

what we talking about again? oh look, something shiny........
I saw something shiny - but it turned out that it would take 40 hours before I could even see what it was...and then, I'd have to wait even longer to get it.

Now I'm not so sure it was shiny...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
That's good!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!