Career Officer
# 11
11-30-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
No, a million times no.

No, no, no, no no.

The exchange is fine the way it is.
I personally liked City of Heros' Consignment System, particularly the Work Order aspect. If what you wanted WASNT for sale at the time, you could basically place a bid in advance. If it showed up later, and you had the highest bid? You got it.

That, and items were sold for the highest bid (ie, the norm), but the item that sold first was the one with the lowest asking price. If you were greedy and had the highest asking price, everyone else's stuff would get sold before yours, guaranteed.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-30-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
there needs to be a ten second cool down when posting things on the exchange to sell, i stupidly pressed the wrong button and sold 40 lock box keys for 1.3 million ec, they sold that fast it didnt even apper in my list of item for sale, there needs to be a ten second gap inbetween when you press sell and when it shows on the exchange so people have time to correct a mistake
what about checking amount and price before submit the item?
Career Officer
# 13
11-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
I also know that some of the more unsightly ships (e.g., the Chimera) were designed by Chinese artists recently hired on at the expense of Westerners. So if you want to blame them for anything, blame them for that.
Wasn't the Chimera a fan designed ship? There was a Dev blog about it too.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=706571
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Career Officer
# 14
11-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
what about checking amount and price before submit the item?
lol there is always one, are you special? if your dad had checked he was wearing a comdom we wouldnt have to put up with stupid remarks like this
Ensign
# 15 Check Your Numbers Next Time
11-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
there needs to be a ten second cool down when posting things on the exchange to sell, i stupidly pressed the wrong button and sold 40 lock box keys for 1.3 million ec, they sold that fast it didnt even apper in my list of item for sale, there needs to be a ten second gap inbetween when you press sell and when it shows on the exchange so people have time to correct a mistake
Too bad. We don't need to burden the Devs with requests to protect stupid. No Cooldown is required. The posting of items on the Exchange is working fine. Check your numbers next time and be more accountable for your own actions.
Career Officer
# 16
11-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblade573 View Post
Too bad. We don't need to burden the Devs with requests to protect stupid. No Cooldown is required. The posting of items on the Exchange is working fine. Check your numbers next time and be more accountable for your own actions.
you never made a mistake? im sure your perfect why do idiots like you come on forums with nothing useful to say other than to talk crap, people make mistakes and it would be nice to have a safe guard there

Last edited by retrosrages; 11-30-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Ensign
# 17
11-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
you never made a mistake? im sure your perfect why do idiots like you come on forums with nothing useful to say other than to talk crap, people make mistakes and it would be nice to have a safe guard there
Please stay on topic. Please don't personally attack other players who offer feedback on your post. Be accountable for your own actions instead of blaming the system.
Career Officer
# 18
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblade573 View Post
Please stay on topic. Please don't personally attack other players who offer feedback on your post. Be accountable for your own actions instead of blaming the system.
i believe in your first post you called me stupid (Too bad. We don't need to burden the Devs with requests to protect stupid.) thats a personal attack, i never said i didnt make a mistake i dont need the like of you to tell me that, you didnt add anything to the topic other then to call me stupid so follow your own rules or shut up

Last edited by retrosrages; 11-30-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Lieutenant
# 19
11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:

YOU pressed the button, not the game, not the DEVS, YOU. YOU are responsible for an error that YOU made and YOU should not expect the DEVS to make it "idiot" proof. ( no insults intended) The more they (devs,engineers in general) "idiot proof" something, someone creates a better idiot, then the cluster(*&^ coding begins.
Ensign
# 20
11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
i believe in your first post you called me stupid (Too bad. We don't need to burden the Devs with requests to protect stupid.) thats a personal attack, i never said i didnt make a mistake i dont need the like of you to tell me that, you didnt add anything to the topic other then to call me stupid so follow your own rules or shut up
Please re-read your own fourm post. You yourself, describe your own actions as stupid(ly).

Please re-read my first post reply. I didn't call you anything. A statement was made that "We don't need to burden the Devs with requests to protect stupid".

Hmm. I wonder why you would think that applies to you.

What point are you trying to make? You have convinced me that you are "Stupid" but no amount of system changes will completely protect you from yourself, understand?