Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
We have a winner!
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Rihannsu
# 12
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll go with Klingons. Yeah I know, highly ironic choice given my avatar.....

Why? Despite their incessant ramblings about being honorable warriors, Klingons tend to fight just for the fun of fighting. They don't fight because they have a reason to fight. Sure if you give them a good reason they'll fight for that, but they'll fight just because they're bored.... Where's the honor in that?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 13
11-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Most of my least favorites have already been mentioned for valid reasons ^^

-Bajorans.. made DS9 unbearable for the first season or two, prophets blah suffering blah soil reclamers.. shoot me now please!

-Catians/Feresans, kitty cat people in space? excuse me i have to cough of a hairball.. >.<

-Kazon, the only way i can see them, is klingons without as good technology, but more scrub-ish than biker-ish.. bland and uninteresting

-klingons for the sole reason ever other sentence.. 'honor' this and 'honor' that.. gawd.

Other ideas..
-Humans!!!, lets be honest, some of dem admirals..

-Vulcans for the same reason as klingons.. 'logic' this 'logic' that, while spock was definative, every vulcan since has almost been a carbon copy, just with a few differences :/

-Bolians... damn you chell!

-'zakdorn' featured in the TNG episode where enterprise faces Hathaway in combat exercises, that alien who played strategema.. GRAH annoying! >.<

-Talaxians, do i need to say anything

-Hirogen annoyed me a bit too, similar to the klingon/vulcan gripe, they just seemed lacking and 2dimentional when EVERY sentence is about the Hunt.. bleh.

Edit:
I forgot one of my most despised encounters of a TNG episode

-Tamarians, "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" interesting idea for anlien language but DEAR GOD, so annoying

Last edited by elandarksky; 11-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Captain
# 14
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Pakleds, they are way too stupid to be spacefarers, and for the life of me I don't know why a race of morons is one of the picks you can make for a Federation character.
(Don't even say it Klingons. a bar of soap will send you guys into convulsions)
Bajorans are OK but their religion is idiotic
Captain
# 15
11-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'll go with Klingons. Yeah I know, highly ironic choice given my avatar.....

Why? Despite their incessant ramblings about being honorable warriors, Klingons tend to fight just for the fun of fighting. They don't fight because they have a reason to fight. Sure if you give them a good reason they'll fight for that, but they'll fight just because they're bored.... Where's the honor in that?
Are humans any different?

As for my choices:

Kazon. Bargain bin Klingon ripoffs. Complete with lice.

Pakleds. Does it really warrant explanation?

Almost all races that look exactly like humans. (Cause, you know, LAZY.)

Floating balls of Light. (Again, LAZY.)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Species 8472.

Yes, I really never liked them. ALL they were originally made for was:

1. To pussify the Borg (the first one of many times this would happen on Voyager)
2. To be a 'greater threat' (but this was easily tossed aside because of the ubership Voyager was)
3. To get 7 of 9 on the show.

For all the qualms and issues I have with the game, Species 8472 have been done much more like they were seen in Voyager, but better. They don't care, they won't stop, and they just want us gone, period. Yes it's true we don't see much of the Undine in the game, but eh, let's just put that aside for now.

All of the species in TOS that didn't live on past it.

Basically, all those one-time species that were there to serve as little more than a 'human morality lesson'. I know TOS is old, etc etc, it still bugs the heck outta me.

TNG-era Romulans. Not DS9 Romulans though.

Honestly, the TNG version of Romulans always annoyed me to no end, being treated, particuarly Commander Tomalok, as the 'Saturday morning cartoon' villian. It pretty much went like this:

Bridge Crew: blah blah blah, Romulans are doing something bad!
Picard: Hmm...Neutral zone, warp 9, engage!
Evil Romulan: Blah blah, I'm not evil, blah blah.
Picard: Yes you are, and here's what we found out about what you were gonna do.
Evil Romulan: Curses! I'll get you next time, and your little dog too!
Picard: Once again we saved the Federation from war.

Career Officer
# 17
11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Hirogen. Pure misandry.
Captain
# 18
11-30-2012, 12:43 AM
The Xindi as that is from the alternate unverse of that show.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Rihannsu
# 19
11-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Are humans any different?

As for my choices:

Kazon. Bargain bin Klingon ripoffs. Complete with lice.

Pakleds. Does it really warrant explanation?

Almost all races that look exactly like humans. (Cause, you know, LAZY.)

Floating balls of Light. (Again, LAZY.)
Hey! I like Isabella's race! It was much more creative than most ST races. Short version for those who didn't see Imaginary Friend: her race is as far from humanoid as you can get. The race not only doesn't live in a Class-M environment but doesn't live on planets at all. Instead, they live in the Nebula FGC 47. The members of her race are apparently made of of some sort of energized plasma. I really wish they'd get used again.

But anyways.... Back to Klingons. Truthfully, yeah some humans are just as bad with that honor crap as Klingons are, there are some with actual brains though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 20
11-30-2012, 08:00 AM
The Edo (TNG 'Justice').

I can't even begin to describe how loathsome they were, with their 'running everywhere is the best thing in the universe' attitude, ridiculous clothing and death sentence for stepping on the lawn. I shall stop there as further comment would prompt moderation of my post!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY