Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
100% chance to get arrested in space dock
Quoted for truth.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lieutenant
# 512 Website question
11-29-2012, 05:53 AM
What's with the Vulcan hoochie on the front page?

Edit: *mumble grumble* merge my post, will ya? *mumble*

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos

Last edited by therealted; 11-29-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Captain
# 513
11-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealted View Post
What's with the Vulcan hoochie on the front page?
Well, see, they want to get a more international audience because they like their game characters real sophisticated like in other parts...
# 514
11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
All I know is I got my wallpaper. And it makes me happy.
Ensign
# 515
11-30-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh come on, it's just some art. One might object that the low cut top is not exactly within Star Trek style, granted, the short skirt however definitely is.

What's wrong with an attractive IMAGINARY lady being on the front page? Before her, there was an admittedly handsome IMAGINARY guy of similarly unrealistic proportions - he's got the thinnest, male-model like hips and waist and the shoulders and arms muscles of some steroids-enhanced bodybuilder. They both have unrealistic proportions, they would both topple over with the weight of their upper bodies if were somehow real, however is it ok to show some impossibly thin, muscle bound guy but not ok to show a thin lady with an equally oversize bosom.

One might object that they don't like the style or execution - that's a different story; One could argue that it was about time to put a hulking starship there and I might agree, although the idea of showing an officer is mostly to attract non-trekkie players, which would otherwise be led to think it's a space only game (I've actually been asked this question often about the show itself, "but do they ever leave the ship? Otherwise it's booooring!").

Last thing, she might very well be Romulan - when Spock was undercover on Romulus on TNG he wasn't altered to have the forehead ridges; Therefore, there must be quite a lot of Romulans not sporting them; At least enough to allow a Vulcan to roam the streets without being identified.
Lieutenant
# 516
11-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3llr4is3r View Post
What's wrong with an attractive IMAGINARY lady being on the front page?
Because once you get past the hoochieness, she looks like she tripped while running in heels? The pose is extremely contrived, and that and the costume are obviously geared towards showing off the goods.

She could be just as "sexeh" while standing solid, proud, and competent, in a pant suit. As it is (and I hate saying this as a politically incorrect straight male), it's just plain insulting.

Ensign
# 517
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealted View Post
Because once you get past the hoochieness, she looks like she tripped while running in heels? The pose is extremely contrived, and that and the costume are obviously geared towards showing off the goods.

She could be just as "sexeh" while standing solid, proud, and competent, in a pant suit. As it is (and I hate saying this as a politically incorrect straight male), it's just plain insulting.

The first part is about the style and execution of the picture; You have a good point, it's a matter of taste and artistic perception. I am more than fine with that.

The second part, I just cannot understand. It is supposed to be an action picture; Probably, a battle situation - she might be dodging disruptor fire, leaping into cover or whatever else. She doesn't look "incompetent", whatever she is wearing, unless the person looking at the picture actually judges a woman by her clothes.

What I find mildly offensive is that if the subject was a burly man, with a ripped shirt, bulging muscles, bloodied face and a tough look on his face (e.g. Kirk in that famous episode), nobody would have been giving a passing glance to it. If it's a woman, then her clothes and heels define her.
Ensign
# 518
11-30-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm not bothered by scantily clad women advertising a korean owned MMO, I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.

What I am bothered about is the angry stripper being a vulcan. It just seems inappropriate. Use a trill or andorian or something.
Lieutenant
# 519
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
The second part, I just cannot understand. It is supposed to be an action picture; Probably, a battle situation - she might be dodging disruptor fire, leaping into cover or whatever else.
The problem I have with this sort of "action" picture is that the action being taken is never clear. Is she leaping for cover - or is she stumbling and about to fall on her face? (hence my comment about "incompetence")

The whole pose is so contrived as to be unbelievable, and is designed for no other reason than to demonstrate her assets. Frankly, I'm surprised we don't see "phaser energy" squirting or dribbling out of her weapon.

Captain
# 520
11-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
whatever she is wearing, unless the person looking at the picture actually judges a woman by her clothes.
Other than her clothes what is there about her?

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.