Rihannsu
# 21
11-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
The Edo (TNG 'Justice').

I can't even begin to describe how loathsome they were, with their 'running everywhere is the best thing in the universe' attitude, ridiculous clothing and death sentence for stepping on the lawn. I shall stop there as further comment would prompt moderation of my post!
Yeah, they were a really dumb idea. And they were boring humanoids.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 22
11-30-2012, 08:12 AM
JJ Abrams new romulans...............CHEEP

The Delta quadrent race who pirate peoples body parts.......Exterminate

Human type races with only tatoos or skin color as a difference

The TOS First Federation race.....Where were they when the borg attacked ? Cowards
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 23
11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Packleds-How does a species with down syndrome achive warp drive?

Hirogen-The dollar store/go-bots version of "predator".

Kazon-Ghetto/trailer park trash of the Delta quadrant.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Captain
# 24
11-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Packleds-How does a species with down syndrome achive warp drive?
I guess you missed the part about them only appearing to be idiots. Remember all that "junk" on the pakled ship? Stolen, reverse engineered and improved from various other folks.
Career Officer
# 25
11-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I guess you missed the part about them only appearing to be idiots. Remember all that "junk" on the pakled ship? Stolen, reverse engineered and improved from various other folks.
Canon aside, they still suck.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Career Officer
# 26
11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekron View Post
Pakleds. How did a race of people with the intellectual capacity of a 3 year old ever get to space and are able to remain there?
You make a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Cardassians. A race that willfully occupies another race for decades does not deserve mercy when its their turn to lose.
Hitler was evil, and many (during the times of World War I & II) would have stated that all Germans were evil. This isn't the case. Most of those soilders were simply following orders for fear that if they didn't, the lives of themselves and their families would be forfeit. You can't condemn humanity for the act of one man.

As a whole, I'd think Cardassians a rather proud people; Damar seemed to think this way. Sure, some of their actions might have been questionable (Damar killing Ziyal) but from Damars point of view, Ziyal has betrayed his people.

Cardassians aren't evil. It isn't the entire species, only some select individuals.

I can't think on minor races; boy there have been so many I've thought stupid, but I'm going to vote Kazon. They're essentially Klingon wannabees. They've a code of honour, but it's a bit backwards, they work in clans (similar to Klingon houses) and they live on dark ships that look like they're about to fall apart.
Ensign
# 27
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Ferengi from season 1 of TNG, The Last Outpost episode. Fortunately they get some improvements. Fortunately I never saw this episode till TNG went into syndication years after it originally aired, otherwise this episode would have turned me off.

Last edited by nalberta; 11-30-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
11-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Hitler was evil, and many (during the times of World War I & II) would have stated that all Germans were evil. This isn't the case. Most of those soilders were simply following orders for fear that if they didn't, the lives of themselves and their families would be forfeit. You can't condemn humanity for the act of one man.
Hitler was one man (a loony) and yet we WERE judged on him (see some adaptions of the day the earth stood still)

Quote:
As a whole, I'd think Cardassians a rather proud people; Damar seemed to think this way. Sure, some of their actions might have been questionable (Damar killing Ziyal) but from Damars point of view, Ziyal has betrayed his people.
nah they are just evil
look at the holographic one in voyager torturing a hologram
Proud peoples never occupy
they Defeat occupiers

Quote:
Cardassians aren't evil. It isn't the entire species, only some select individuals.
Thats like saying that not all Ferengi like money
Commander
# 29
11-30-2012, 10:26 AM
clearly.. ocampa and bajoran. all those whiny species. i also do not believe in god or anything else and so i also do not like any religious stuff in star trek.
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
# 30
11-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Hitler was one man (a loony) and yet we WERE judged on him (see some adaptions of the day the earth stood still)
The Day the Earth Stood Still is just a film, a piece of fiction ...then again, so is Star Trek.

Quote:
look at the holographic one in voyager torturing a hologram
There was a Cardassian in TNG "Lower Decks" that risked his life to get a message to the Federation. In that episode there was a dialogue between him and a Bajoran in which he stated he was tired of war. That Cardassian wasn't evil. Damar wasn't evil, he was doing what he thought right by his people. You spoke of a hologram, there was a second (female) hologram in another episode of Voyager that wasn't evil, she helped Torres I think.

You can't sum up an entire species / country as evil because of the actions of a few individuals. Look at the war in Iraq / Iran. There were stories (some of them, quite possibly true) of US solders raping and attacking civilians. Does that make all Americans evil? No it doesn't.

Just because you get a bad bunch in a crowd, it doesn't mean the entire crowd are bad people.

Quote:
Thats like saying that not all Ferengi like money
Ferengi join Starfleet. Nog has joined Starfleet. I don't recall Nog being that concerned with Latinium toward the later seasons of DS9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I can't think on minor races; boy there have been so many I've thought stupid, but I'm going to vote Kazon. They're essentially Klingon wannabees. They've a code of honour, but it's a bit backwards, they work in clans (similar to Klingon houses) and they live on dark ships that look like they're about to fall apart.
I wish to change my vote, whilst the Kazon are still unfavourable, they can go down to second place. My first place of unfavourable aliens has to go to the Wormhole Aliens.