Captain
# 21
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Or this hairstyle: http://i.imgur.com/ywKpf.png
I would buy a Caitian Captain, the slots for him, a ship for him, the crew, and get him to max level, and max out reputation if something like that was put in.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 22
12-02-2012, 07:24 PM
There's a lot of long hair love in this thread already so I want to point out a couple of styles that are on the shorter side that I think the game is missing --

Graduated Bob - There's already a bob in the game that I guess you could say is graduated, but it's way way too short to be considered the proper length of an inverted or graduated bob in my book.

This is a longer graduated bob I would like to see.

This is a more typical length: the Bekham Bob.

Here's a side view of a graduated bob for better comparison.

Again, since artists are not necessarily all about hair I want to point out that what makes a graduated bob "graduated" is the diagonal cut of the hair that eventually leads up to layered hair in the back like so.

Wavy Bob - There's an extreme lack of wavy hair in STO. So much so that actually, I don't know where to begin. But since I'm on the topic of bobs, I might as well throw in a wavy bob like so.

There's also unusual hybrids of style and length that end up making very futuristic looks (and dare I say fitting for a futuristic MMO?) like this ultra-long bob style.

On the topic of shoulder length hair though, black female styles are extremely poorly represented. Where's this relaxed afro in game?

The Pouf Ponytail is modern, aggressive, and dare I say a heroic pony tail that not only says get out of my way -- it says get out of my way with style!

And please don't forget that the tail can be doing different things on a pouf ponytail, like this waviness going on!

I'm sure more ideas will come to me.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"

Last edited by thehavraha; 12-02-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Lieutenant
# 23
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Back when Stahl used to do engineering reports he always put 'hair fx' into the list.

Im not sure what it is or what it would do but I imagine it may well still be something they want to add. This could add more styles...

As a Klingon player I would like a few more hairstyles than dreads however. Not many Klingons in Trek actually had dreads but there we go...
Captain
# 24
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
it would be nice if the character hair were to move when you do rather than it being in some form of isolated stasis.

It would be better if the hair were realistic and characters had some animation available (if only for roleplay purposes) to put it right after a battle or something for example you're running down a corridor and have your hair bobbing or waving behind you (relative to run speed of course) or if you get blasted across the room and land on the floor your hair reflects this and then you can use the animation option shown above to fix it (and have a reset on map change)
Career Officer
# 25
12-05-2012, 04:45 AM
^ to the post just above ^

I've heard things, rumours most probably. that the future hair updates that have been mentioned by Stahl, the update "or just new hair added in game" are going to actually move.

I am hoping that this is true and hopefully IS true, there are plenty of things currently ingame that are pointing to STO being improved.

for instance, on New Romulus, you'll notice little patches of blue leaves. if you watch closely they react to the player running by them, asif generating wind.

RachelJ88