Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 21
11-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
So who does it belong to now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
really hoping that's a joke.
Yeah, me too., Last I heard, Mars was mined by the BETA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 22
11-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Maybe, maybe not. The internet would be terrible.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,388
# 23
11-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Sure Might be good for a chuckle, and being corporate property wouldn't be so bad, if they pay for food, accommodation etc and provide a job, I couldn't ask for anything more Kommunist Mars for the win
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 813
# 24
11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Well one things a given, the 1st colony to Mars, will be the ones that start the Terraforming. You can only do so much from space after all, you have to get down to the root of things to make it all work.

One of the things would be seeing what types of earth planets can survive in the Mars climate, they will need to be tough planets that can withstand very bad conditions. Then later help to warm the planet up a bit so other lesser planets can live there too. There is a weed type planet in Cally they will over grow an other, it's to don't take care of your yard. It's a catus type. But maybe that would be one type that will get use.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 25
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
put it this way if martians arrived HERE and started a colony we would not like it
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,424
# 26
11-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
put it this way if martians arrived HERE and started a colony we would not like it
well.. thats their problem... we come in peace until we can confirm we have the supreme military advantage... then we kill em.... or take some of earths bacteria with us and let that do the work..
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 27
11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
well.. thats their problem... we come in peace until we can confirm we have the supreme military advantage... then we kill em.... or take some of earths bacteria with us and let that do the work..
I love me the smell of napalm in the morning.....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 28
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
No on all counts.

The aerospace industry is "growing" only because of spending on weapons. It is not growing more competitive, there has been a string of consolidations in recent decades. There won't be a 'space race' because of corporate greed, and there isn't any money in going to Mars, at least not in the timeframe corps are interested in.

Like I said, if they can't even get satelites in orbit as well as the USA/USSR did 60 years ago, what makes you think he'll be able to get 80k people to Mars?

This is just a case of a failed braggart making bigger boasts to keep his audience.
Ahhh wrong on all counts, i have actually done some research on this and it can be done especially if they use the VASMIR engine if it not a hoax, but there alot of websites and magazines say other wise. Wheres your proof.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 29
12-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
Ahhh wrong on all counts, i have actually done some research on this and it can be done especially if they use the VASMIR engine if it not a hoax, but there alot of websites and magazines say other wise. Wheres your proof.
Where's yours? You say you did "research" and read "magazines and websites" but no sources or specifics.

My proof? As I said, government space programs got men in orbit for decades and even sent them to the moon. That is a fact. It is also a fact that private industry has not been able to do so.

It is also a fact that the Space Shuttle, a vastly more complex launch vehicle, attained over 96% reliability. Saturn V had 100% reliability. Sea Launch had 90% reliability, and SpaceX has 75% reliability, using far simpler vehicles with far more meager capability. All those are facts, hard against private space launch.

Private space launch is objectively inferior, and the arguments in favor of it are purely ideological. Like Maoist collectivised agriculture, it sounds great on paper, but just doesn't work in real life.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 30
12-01-2012, 03:49 AM
The Bacteria on Mars know Karate
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 PM.