Career Officer
# 11
11-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilion View Post
Why does everyone hate on the Gal-X? Sure its not as good as it can be but its not useless like everyone seems to think it is. I find it very useful in STFs.
Its totally awesome if your driving it backwards..XD
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Republic Veteran
# 12
11-30-2012, 05:51 PM
I still fly a Galaxy X, I have one on each of my four toons. It's my goto ship for INFECTED NORMAL and CURE NORMAL runs.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 13
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
What's the difference between the Galaxy X and the Dreadnaught? They both look the same to me.
Self Portrait
Empire Veteran
# 14
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
What's the difference between the Galaxy X and the Dreadnaught? They both look the same to me.
The Galaxy-X IS the Dreadnaught They're the same ship
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Captain
# 15
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Wonder what'd happen if they did a fleet version, left the hull and shields the same and dumped all the extra energy from the upgrade into the inertial dampeners to give it a passable turn rate? Give it a commander tac, lt sci, and everything else engineering for boffs? I think that Commander would actually be a fair limitation as it'd make dual tac-team trickier and cost it the best eng tanking stuff as a trade off, but at the same time give it the option for serious punch. Definately a Tier 5 Shipyard required plus 5 Modules, but might be interesting and make the monster competitive again.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I stopped using mine a while back, but it's still a nice ship. I stopped using it because I can't make any estetic changes to the ship (want the lifetime skin) without being forced to put the third necelle back on...... SON OF A JANEWAY! I just logged in and switched to my Gal-X and they put the damned third necelle back on!
Commander
# 17
11-30-2012, 06:59 PM
To bring this ship back to life it needs 4 TAC consoles, 4 Eng Consoles 2 SCI, LT CMDR Universal, LT CMDR TAC, COMMANDER ENG, LT ENG, LT SCI. and a Base turn rate of 9, and Saucer Seperation. Due to the 3rd Nacelle it should have higher power levels overall than anyother cruiser. It is the Feds only Dreadnought It needs to be the Tankiest and Tachiest Cruiser we have. I was so excited when I 1st bought it years ago and so disappointed when I flew it. The only build that sort of works on it is 4 turrets rear, 4 single cannons front. (due to the 180 fireing arch of single cannons)

Last edited by admgreer; 11-30-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
11-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Before i start a few things that need to be cleared up (to some users, not the devs)

1st: I know someone who managed to Make a bortas turn well enough to be equipped with cannons, and I do the same with the Galaxy X, so if you know how she can turn well enough for a cruiser, even for a cruiser using DHCs
And in case you question my wisdom:
I fly this ship since it got obtainable via the C-store so I daresay I know how to fly it efficiently.

2nd: Calling the lance fail is a bit strange considering how it can do, depending on severa factors up to 200K dmg(I admit its rare, but seen it several times already) with just two bursts. people also continue to call it being nerfed. it didn't get nerfed... They just changed the way the damage is being displayed.

Display old: 20'000
Display new: 10'000 x2

You see they just changed the display to reflect waht the lance actually does, because the damage it did on display old was also divided by 2 (therefore 10K per burst).

3rd Narcelle:
It belongs to the ship - nothing more to be said about that

As for working builds(also a pretty lore friendly one btw):

Foreward:
Quad Cannons, Dual Heavy Cannons, Quant Torp, PhaserBeamArray

Backward:
PhaserBeamArray, QuantTorpedo, turrent, Turrent

Using this setup you are protected from all angles and still deal quite a good punch .
As forr Turning see above

What the Galaxy X really needs (a realistic view)

First of all she needs a Fleet version with a slightly different BOFF layout.
To make a realistc proposition:

Ltcmdr Tac, Lt Engineering, Cmdr Eng, Lt Sci

That would pretty much the BOFF layout I think about when I hearing the word 'dreadnought'.
Someone else has already stated a very true sentence in this thread: She is a battleship.
(A Ltcmdr Tac slot might also help some people with their turn problems )

Another thing she desperately needs is that Saucer sep we were promised, of course at the disadvanteges and advatages we were told about back then.

A thing you also at least consider is reducing the Cooldown on the lance, as ships with similar abilities like the Guramba do as much damage but have a lot less cooldown.
Commander
# 19
11-30-2012, 07:42 PM
A simple BOFF seating switch like the Fleet Tor'Kaht (Vor'cha) got would do wonders for a Fleet version as well as another Tac console.
Career Officer
# 20
11-30-2012, 07:46 PM
This ship might be cool if it wasn't for the horrible turn rate. Seriously, can't the ships in the game actually fly like the ships in the shows? The Galaxy class had a much better turn rate in the shows...

Granted, if I wanted to complain about how the game isn't like the shows, I could probably write about that all day, however it really sucks that the best ships from the shows had to be so badly nerfed in the game...