Republic Veteran
# 21
11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt500dotorg View Post
This ship might be cool if it wasn't for the horrible turn rate. Seriously, can't the ships in the game actually fly like the ships in the shows? The Galaxy class had a much better turn rate in the shows...

Granted, if I wanted to complain about how the game isn't like the shows, I could probably write about that all day, however it really sucks that the best ships from the shows had to be so badly nerfed in the game...
What the Enterprise D was hardly ever shown turning fast unless it was going into Warp.

it moves fast in a straight line, but turning nope that thing never moved and turned fast, which is why most likely the Galaxy class is a Tank ship, and not Damage dealer.

“confession is good for the soul”

Captain
# 22
11-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Dudes, you use single cannons, not dual cannons on the Galaxy-X! Combine that with RCS Accelerators, the Teleportation Console Emergency to Aux, Aux to dampeners, and Evasive Maneuver Doffs, and then it becomes a worthy foe.

The Galaxy-X is a difficult ship to use, requires a lot of forethought, planning, and timing, but using it right though, is the most rewarding thing in the game right now, and the funnest ship I've ever used.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 23
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Dudes, you use single cannons, not dual cannons on the Galaxy-X! Combine that with RCS Accelerators
Yeah, single cannons with 1 copy of CRF 1.

Career Officer
# 24
11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
A shame,

With it's recent Venture reskin, the ship is quite lovely, too bad it's so gimped and generally considered a noob ship.

I'm hoping the Ambassador class doesn't suffer the same fate, especially after such a long and patient wait for it.
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I'd use it more if I actually got something out of the spinal lance. BO2 can currently do more damage (yes I'm using all phaser tac consoles too!). Lately I've been using my Galor chaining BO2 and BO3, so my dready has become obsolete (which is quite a shame because I love the ship). Also this post of mine is a copy paste from the main page, haters gonna hate.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 26
11-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Sure, not the most exciting thing in the world, but turrets, tactical team, and all the additions I use, you have a deceptively maneuverable ship that possesses good health, decent survivability, and impressive DPS. Not spectacular, but not terrible.

There are two kinds of Dreadnought Captain, the one that makes his allies rage cause he's useless, and those that drive their enemies before them, and hear the lamentations of their women.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 27
11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
There's ways to overcome the whale-ness of this bird, as mentioned earlier, RCS consoles, [turn] modified engines, etc.

However, the special abilities on this are meek, to say the least. My engineer's phaser lance averages 7k damage/pulse (2 pulses, 15k damage) on a 5 minute cooldown. My Vesta's deflector-phaser is rated 3.4k damage/pulse over 12 seconds (40.8k damage) on a 3 minute cooldown. If the lance is gonna stay in BO III damage ranges, then by all means give it a BO-length cooldown timer (1 min?) or boost it's base damage to 30k-40k per pulse base on 5 min cooldown so that it's doing about the same damage as the Vesta's guns (how can tricking a deflector to be a phaser be stronger than a dedicated heavy-artillery phaser?)

And the cloak? Hogs a console slot and isn't even "battle" grade, so the ship only enters cloak at rare opportunities and drops it at the drop of a hat. An upgrade, especially on this ship, to "battle" grade cloak would be useful, remember, it's ostensibly a "Federation" future cloak, not a hand-me-down from the Rommie Empire. I'd have asked for integration, but I can't think of a ship with both integrated cloak & integrated "wave motion cannon" type weapon...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Career Officer
# 28
11-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

There are two kinds of Dreadnought Captain, the one that makes his allies rage cause he's useless, and those that drive their enemies before them, and hear the lamentations of their women.
Yeah well if you ever flew into any mission that required combat, you'd find all of the former, and none of the latter.

Worst C-store ship next to the original Galaxy.
Captain
# 29
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Yeah well if you ever flew into any mission that required combat, you'd find all of the former, and none of the latter.

Says you.

Empire Veteran
# 30
11-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post

Mine performed quite well, super tanky etc. I'm just disappointed in the power behind the spinal lance. I'm not too keen on the idea of people asking for saucer separation though.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!