Career Officer
# 1 why would you do this?!?!
12-01-2012, 05:19 AM
I knew before hand you cryptic guys aren't the brightest bunch, but WHY would you create a trap on a ground map where the only escape is to abort the mission? and your stupid /stuck thing, only moves you towards the center of the pit.

see picture

this is on blood of the empire mission, KDF HQ portion.

The really sick thing is, someone had to fit the crate between the two ramps. Surly whoever this ******* was noticed that it completely enclosed this area that has no other exit.
Career Officer
# 2
12-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Okay, so, it's been a while since I did any KDF missions, so I'm not sure and I have to ask, just in case, are you sure this a Cryptic mission and not a UGC mission from the Foundry? The answer doesn't really matter, but still...

Anyway, you don't need to abort the mission. You can just beam up to your ship. Any mission with different stages that's interrupted by beaming up, or disconnecting, will resume from the start of the stage you were on when you return to the location of the mission. It should show as a Continue: ### button in sector space.

It's a shame the /killme command doesn't actually have an option to, you know, kill you, in order to get you back to a spawn point. They really need to fix that. If there's a reason why you going back to a spawn point is a bad thing, it's probably a badly designed mission in the first place.
Reave
Captain
# 3
12-01-2012, 01:32 PM
[quote=hrisvalar;6881641Anyway, you don't need to abort the mission. You can just beam up to your ship. Any mission with different stages that's interrupted by beaming up, or disconnecting, will resume from the start of the stage you were on when you return to the location of the mission. It should show as a Continue: ### button in sector space.
[/QUOTE]

This... Fixes the whole thing. While you will have to redo that stage, you can restart that mission just as you beam into the ground map. Every time you beam up, down, warp in or out of a mission, basically, change the map, you pass a way point in the map that allows you to return to that point. Granted, sometimes this sucks on longer legs of the mission, but it isn't a end all be all doom to the Empire situation.
Career Officer
# 4
12-01-2012, 09:13 PM
no, I know all that I just found it stupid that that pit was even there in the first place and there is no mechanic in place to allow you to just go back to a spawn point. That's what I get for having a smidgen of faith in cryptic.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I can understand your frustration OP. If it were me, i could see me poppin open a romulan ale, having a seat on the floor there, and occasionally typin "Help" in the STO chat in the hopes a GM or DEV would assist.
Career Officer
# 6
12-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Ah haha. I got stuck in exactly the same place.

There's no need to get upset. Beaming back to the ship is just a minor inconvenience, after all.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-02-2012, 07:40 AM
I've been stuck there twice, both times were wtf moments(the second one a wtf, self).

If I'm not mistaken its the same map with the brutally unfinished outside part. Its in the khg fekrli(sp?) arc.
Captain
# 8
12-02-2012, 08:07 AM
That mission is in serious need of an update. It doesn't even match the current Qo'noS map.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 9
12-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Okay, so, it's been a while since I did any KDF missions, so I'm not sure and I have to ask, just in case, are you sure this a Cryptic mission and not a UGC mission from the Foundry? The answer doesn't really matter, but still...

Anyway, you don't need to abort the mission. You can just beam up to your ship. Any mission with different stages that's interrupted by beaming up, or disconnecting, will resume from the start of the stage you were on when you return to the location of the mission. It should show as a Continue: ### button in sector space.

It's a shame the /killme command doesn't actually have an option to, you know, kill you, in order to get you back to a spawn point. They really need to fix that. If there's a reason why you going back to a spawn point is a bad thing, it's probably a badly designed mission in the first place.
Yeah I've done that one myself.. its craptic
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry you had trouble with that. This was likely done by an environment artist who was detailing the map, noticed a 'good' spot to stick a crate, and shoved it in there. I guarantee it was not done in some intentional, malicious way to trap you there. While someone should have tested falling in there, and getting out, that may have been overlooked.
Either way, it doesn't matter. If I can find the map for this I will fix it. Can you please describe further where this is located specifically?

Thanks
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?