Survivor of Romulus
# 51
12-01-2012, 10:35 AM
all I have to ask is who the hell cares if its a bug OR an exploit... you are all just dancing around with semantics, and arguing just for the sake of the argument... the voldy bug is fixed again... until they screw something up again in the future but until that day.... please stop whining that its a bug, or an exploit its currently fixed get over yourselves...

thanks for fixing it BTW... puts the levelish playing field back in fleet actions and pvp
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 52
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
a bug OR an exploit
In order for their to be an exploit, there has to be a bug. Not all bugs are exploited, mind you.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Captain
# 53
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
all I have to ask is who the hell cares if its a bug OR an exploit... you are all just dancing around with semantics, and arguing just for the sake of the argument... the voldy bug is fixed again... until they screw something up again in the future but until that day.... please stop whining that its a bug, or an exploit its currently fixed get over yourselves...

thanks for fixing it BTW... puts the levelish playing field back in fleet actions and pvp
It matters b/c exploiting violates the ToS. Using an exploit against another player is griefing which also violates the ToS. Further, using Bort's example the Jem Shield exploit could prevent people from playing content as they got DC'd when other player's used the shield and were taking a decent rate of fire or lolz plasma procs etc.

Cryptic having exploitable bugs isn't the issue. The issue is they won't enforce their ToS and have condoned cheating. They will claim they haven't b/c they're too cheap to enforce their ToS and want to save face, so they're claiming people using bugs aren't cheating.

Also, this bug and others have a long history of repeatedly being brought back after every code merger. This isn't the 1st time this bug has been "fixed".

Maybe you like a game where people can exploit and grief each other. Maybe you like being in a game and seeing the same bugs pop up again over and over.

I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Why has it become our fault, when they screw up?
Captain
# 55
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1966 View Post
Why has it become our fault, when they screw up?
It's not you fault if they screw up.

It is your fault if they screw up and you use that to your own advantage to the detrament of others.

Think of the ToS this way:

Even if they don't spend much resources on enforcing it, the threat is usually enough to keep honest people honest.

Much like a screen door being locked will keep honest people out, but do nothing to keep out people really want to get in. They basically kicked the screen door in for other players and handed out jackhammers to trash the place while they were at it by screwing up the bug, then telling people "enjoy".
Captain
# 56
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
1: im glad to see this was addressed.

2: the q's should be rattled by good piloting tonight.

3: btw, i have that list i was making of people i'm going to hunt for a week because i watched them use this bug and boast and laugh about it.

4: the hunt starts tonight at 10pm EST

have fun, kill bad guys
Lieutenant
# 57
12-01-2012, 11:08 AM
It's nice that they fixed this voldemort issue. However there are at least 3 others that are still not been fixed. Alot of premades still use these. Currently there is at total of 5 if I remember right.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I had real fun killing n Voldy users , i`m kinda gonna miss that lol. Also there where some ppl where using Voldy + AMS, Grav pulse, etc. etc, and those where my fav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex:
[*]All Warbird descriptions have been updated, typoes removed, and gramer corrected.
Captain
# 59
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainluke85 View Post
It's nice that they fixed this voldemort issue. However there are at least 3 others that are still not been fixed. Alot of premades still use these. Currently there is at total of 5 if I remember right.
im not sure what these are.

hrm. i watch everyone very closely, and run with the best pilots in the game from across several of the top pvp fleets.

interesting
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainluke85 View Post
Maybe you should publish that list? We can't put pressure on Cryptic to fix the issues if we don't even know that they exist and what they are.

At least I'm not aware of any exploit-type bugs in the game at the moment. There are lots of things that can ruin balance (energy drain, full aux/spec gravpulse), but all the issues I can think of are the results of Cryptic's lack of understanding how balance works, not the result of actual bugs. (Well, there is FAW - but that is "negatively bugged", i.e. underpowered because of cryptic's coding failure.)