Lieutenant
# 51
12-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exorace25k View Post
Ah yes, the old "do as I say, not as I do" logic. Priceless
I'm sure that made sense in your head but that doesn't work. Let me try this again. I admitted my mistake and then tried to point out to someone that he/she was making a similar mistake.

Hope you get it now. The only way to make it simpler would be to draw it out in crayon.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
So the new CVN-80: Enterprise does this mean our fleet projects for the Enterprise line needs updating after we see what the new CVN-80 looks like?
Starbase Project: Add Portrait of CVN-80. Time to Complete: 72 Hours. Cost: 500,000 Dilithium.

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Captain
# 53
12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer8 View Post
OH my god! Start training the repair vessels to follow that FORD. It'll be loosen parts and breaking down at the most inopportune times. I own a Ford, so I speak with the experience of owning a Ford.
LMAO. Actually, they're named after a different Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
So the new CVN-80: Enterprise does this mean our fleet projects for the Enterprise line needs updating after we see what the new CVN-80 looks like?
We have a pretty good idea of what she'll look like-

http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/wor...iers/cvn21.htm

And yes the fleet project should be updated. As soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post
Starbase Project: Add Portrait of CVN-80. Time to Complete: 72 Hours. Cost: 500,000 Dilithium.
I hope not, but you never know.
Republic Veteran
# 54
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
LMAO. Actually, they're named after a different Ford.

We have a pretty good idea of what she'll look like-

http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/wor...iers/cvn21.htm

And yes the fleet project should be updated. As soon as possible.

I hope not, but you never know.
The Enterprise wont be around until 2025, so I think Cryptic can put the update on hold for quite sometime.

Captain
# 55
12-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The Enterprise wont be around until 2025, so I think Cryptic can put the update on hold for quite sometime.
No they don't. They don't have any time at all to update it. This is game breaking I tell ya.
The game isn't even playable until this is fixed!!

Seriously- If I recall correctly one of the devs said they would rerun special projects like they have- and are about to- rerun feature episodes. If they can tweak the fleet project before then that would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Awesome news, there should always be an Enterprise in the fleet.

Branflakes, thanks for nuking that thread. You're right, there's no place for politics in STO.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Republic Veteran
# 57
12-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
No they don't. They don't have any time at all to update it. This is game breaking I tell ya.
The game isn't even playable until this is fixed!!

Seriously- If I recall correctly one of the devs said they would rerun special projects like they have- and are about to- rerun feature episodes. If they can tweak the fleet project before then that would be cool.

I'm going to play devil's advocate.

The USS Enterprise (CVN-80) is NOT canon...In Trek we don't know much what went on in the year 2025, but it must of been bad since we know WW3 and the eugenics war was going on.

But for a real world explanation...we don't know the future so anything can happen from now till 2025....till the Enterprise is actually built and ready to go, there is no reason Cryptic should put it in the picture roster.....so unless STO lasts till 2025,they have no reason too add it.

Heck the someone might build a Helicarrier before 2025 and decide to name that Enterprise.

Lt. Commander
# 58
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
The CVN-65 herself was named for a carrier in WW2, which had the distinction of being the ONLY operational carrier in the Pacific Theater at one point, all the rest in dock being repaired or sunk. The brave actions of her crew inspired someone named Gene Rodenberry to name the spaceship in the TV show he was writing "Enterprise." Many important plot details over the years paid homage to the original WW2 carrier... How many times has our favorite ship and crew been the "only ship in range?"

I am mangling Captain Picard's quote here, but I am gratified that history will not soon forget the name Enterprise and that the legacy honoring the crew of the WW2 carrier will continue.
The CV-6 Enterprise was the MOST decorated Warship of the USN in the World War 2. That's her distinction, not just being the only carrier holding the line at some points in the Pacific War.

Okay, that Ford Class has some interesting features. Look like they're going for a shallower draft for easier access to more harbors. And the Island IS very aft, that's a new feature for any carrier I know of.

Last edited by alexhurlbut; 12-01-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 59
12-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
...Beside, wasn't it President Ford that took a long tumble down the stairs?
Multiple times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlz0he9rtKw

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name... Enterprise."

Considering how long yesterday's Enterprise lasted (really was yesterday), I wouldn't be surprised if I have kids of my own when this one is retired.
More like grandchildren