Career Officer
# 201
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
on the other hand, i just needed 83 lobis to get to korath uniform, so i used 15 keys (11 from Zen store, 4 from exchange), got some DOFF packs, a galor (83 millions now), an universal console pack, some boosts..

AND the korath uniform

it is nice and i am a happy camper..

Costs? 0
Indeed, as I write this, the cheapest Korath outfit box on the exchange is 50 million. I doubt it will ever go below 20. Since my KDF character already had 100 Lobi, I'm just going to open Cardie boxes until I have enough.
Rihannsu
# 202
12-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Indeed, as I write this, the cheapest Korath outfit box on the exchange is 50 million. I doubt it will ever go below 20. Since my KDF character already had 100 Lobi, I'm just going to open Cardie boxes until I have enough.
yeah good luck! give a note if you'Ve found something worthwhile
Starfleet Veteran
# 203
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
200 Lobi ~ $37US - $62US given a range of 4-7 Lobi in each dropbox opened with C-Store bought keys.

And people complain about $25 C-Store ships?

Raptr profile
Captain
# 204
12-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
200 Lobi ~ $37US - $62US given a range of 4-7 Lobi in each dropbox opened with C-Store bought keys.

Let's not forget that stuff found in the lobi store is primarily associated with factions or civilizations that exist outside of the UFP and KDF and is some cases outside of the reality if the prime universe, yet people want to play their characters in that context. The high prices in lobi coupled with the uncertainty of getting the grand prise ship serve to rarify the presence of these elements.

The sheer number of people flying lockbox ships and using lobi-obtained items indicates that it is not that strong of a rarifying method.

We need to remember that not a thing bought from the C-store or the Lobi store is required to play the game. If someone WANTS to spend massive amounts of money to obtain items like this, then how is it Cryptic's fault. People can scream that things are priced too high all they want. But if they open their wallet and pay that price, then apparently it was not really too high after all. If it really was, they would not buy.

In this case, "Gotta have it" translates to "I really want it!" We are not required to spend a dime on anything...
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 12-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 205
12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
yeah good luck! give a note if you'Ve found something worthwhile
Not much of note- just Lobi, a bunch of doff packs, and a KDF Gamma Elite doff worth 20 or 30 mill.

Oh, and a Korath uniform pack

Front and back. Sadly, you can't use the boots with the Warrior Skirt.
Rihannsu
# 206
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Not much of note- just Lobi, a bunch of doff packs, and a KDF Gamma Elite doff worth 20 or 30 mill.

Oh, and a Korath uniform pack

Front and back. Sadly, you can't use the boots with the Warrior Skirt.
looks VERY nice!

hmmm, so you're not in total loss i've also got 2 very rare "quote" DOFF's, but i'm keeping them.

Really? The 2 uniforms are not working together? Too bad..
I gave it to a new male sci toon, and the skirts are on my female toons, so i can't prove it by myself.. too bad. But the trousers look nice too, and work well with other KDF tops

The TOS KDF uniform works with Korath set. Proven!
Rihannsu
# 207
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post

it's just you can buy the keys from exchange and get the whole stuff for free.. you just have to be able to make several millions EC's.. which is not really a problem. I make some 7 millions a week, but also using some of it on contraband..
Rihannsu
# 208
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
...Oh, and a Korath uniform pack

Front and back.
That's awesome! I would totally have purchased that as an account-wide unlock from the C-Store. From the Lobi Store, for just one of my toons? Never.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 209
12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
it's just you can buy the keys from exchange and get the whole stuff for free.. you just have to be able to make several millions EC's.. which is not really a problem. I make some 7 millions a week, but also using some of it on contraband..
yea everyone should do the same because keys on exchange come from God and Jesus.
Rihannsu
# 210
12-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
yea everyone should do the same because keys on exchange come from God and Jesus.
did they? good to know

there will always be people which have the bigger wallets and are able to "throw out of the window" more than you.. the basic of economy (or the big material continuum) is that is has to keep FLOWING.

so in buying their keys for my EC i'm also supporting Cryptic and the game as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
That's awesome! I would totally have purchased that as an account-wide unlock from the C-Store. From the Lobi Store, for just one of my toons? Never.
yeah, too bad.. still hoping there WILL be some Zen store costumes for KDF..