Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 231
# 11
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Mine Trap is a 20man ground fleet action that rewards Romulan Marks and Fleet Marks. Average Romulan Marks per mission is 25. Takes 20mins. Lots of fun and no Borg one shots.

Now if your queuing for this while on New Romulus doing the dailies you should pull in a nice sum of marks. I don't do this everyday, just once every two or three days. That keeps it from getting stale, and free's me up to do doffing/dil dailies/stf's etc.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 537
# 12
12-02-2012, 01:07 AM
We are talking about people who would only be playing space stuff so ground stuff isnt counting in this really.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 13
12-02-2012, 01:36 AM
The problem with Romulan marks is that you are forced into ground maps to earn a lot of them, and tons of people hate ground maps. I'm personally completely at a loss as to why Cryptic keeps putting more focus on the games ground system.

There needs to be more space options, and those options need to be more efficient at earning marks.

Last edited by xantris; 12-02-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
The problem with Romulan marks is that you are forced into ground maps to earn a lot of them, and tons of people hate ground maps. I'm personally completely at a loss as to why Cryptic keeps putting more focus on the games ground system.

There needs to be more space options, and those options need to be more efficient at earning marks.
You're off base. As mentioned elsewhere there are 8-10 space patrols that can earn you 60-75 Romulan marks in about 40 minutes, 2 STF's and the Red Alert program. The ground missions are four at level 1, and 1 additional so far at each Tier (I try level 3 tomorrow).

So far with 4 toons leveling every 20 hours, Romulan Marks have not been a problem - even with the Romulan additions to the 'Acamar Timewarp'. My biggest issue is having to make commodities runs to avoid the exchange pirates.

Get your boots dirty. They're not that hard. Except for Mountain Pass. That one vexes me so.

Jolan Tru,

Admiral Thrax
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 537
# 15
12-02-2012, 03:23 AM
The dailys are just that tho dailys which offer the most space based way for romulan marks. You cant repeat them per hour or whatever like elite stfs for the same amount of marks. Azura neb with a good team (rare when pugging) is 15 marks or so which isnt alot.

So per hour in space missions you earn a heck of a lot more omega marks than you can romulan marks. We need more space missions that arnt dailys which nets you 50 romulan marks a hour or so and a few of these missions not just one so you can play them one after another but have 1 hour cool downs like the elite stfs.

Also please stop bringing up ground i made the thread specifically to discuss the space portion of obtaining rom marks. Which is the problem i want to discuss.

Also yes you could maybe get by the romulan system if all you do is the 2000 and 800 projects but if the zero console is anything to go by then obviously you need ALOT of marks i.e 500 just for the console. What else will need that many that people want. If all you do is space missions then it will take you longer than say if something of equal requirements on the omega side was there. I.e if the zero console for 500 omega marks then you can get that in a reasonable fashion by playing alot of elite stfs in a day or two. You cant really do that for the romulan side as the dailys get you roughly 100 marks or so but the time it takes can be awhile (if you dont do the acamar system). Even then why rely on dailys for the 50 marks on average type of mission to get rom marks, i hate that limit as there isnt a limit like that for 50 marks for omega for comparison (in space).
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 16
12-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
You're off base. As mentioned elsewhere there are 8-10 space patrols that can earn you 60-75 Romulan marks in about 40 minutes, 2 STF's and the Red Alert program. The ground missions are four at level 1, and 1 additional so far at each Tier (I try level 3 tomorrow).

So far with 4 toons leveling every 20 hours, Romulan Marks have not been a problem - even with the Romulan additions to the 'Acamar Timewarp'. My biggest issue is having to make commodities runs to avoid the exchange pirates.

Get your boots dirty. They're not that hard. Except for Mountain Pass. That one vexes me so.

Jolan Tru,

Admiral Thrax
Nah, you're off base.I earn my patrol daily 75 marks(turn in rep bonus) in about 20 minutes, that's the only reasonably good source for time spent. The red alert is too inconsistent to complete, I might actually get into one about once every 4 days. The "STFs" reward pitiful amounts, and performing better in them only spills over into fleet marks instead of additional Romulan marks,

And no, the Romulan ground content isn't hard at all. It's just unenjoyable.. Why do people that like the ground content always assume when someone dislikes it its because of the difficulty? I want additional space events because the space mechanics don't suck, difficulty has nothing to do with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 106
# 17
12-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
The problem with Romulan marks is that you are forced into ground maps to earn a lot of them, and tons of people hate ground maps. I'm personally completely at a loss as to why Cryptic keeps putting more focus on the games ground system.

There needs to be more space options, and those options need to be more efficient at earning marks.
I agree, I do not like ground maps.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 49
# 18
12-10-2012, 01:19 PM
So what's wrong with Starfleet's finest Vice Admirals running about a strange new planet chasing the animals and picking the local flowers?

Isn't that what Admirals do?
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
# 19
12-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I completely agree with this thread!!!! I dislike very much having to do daily missions that you have to fly to many places or ground missions that have no logic neither fun in them.

Please give more reward for the current romulan pve queue.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 529
# 20
12-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oridjerraa View Post
Mine Trap is a 20man ground fleet action that rewards Romulan Marks and Fleet Marks. Average Romulan Marks per mission is 25. Takes 20mins. Lots of fun and no Borg one shots.

Now if your queuing for this while on New Romulus doing the dailies you should pull in a nice sum of marks. I don't do this everyday, just once every two or three days. That keeps it from getting stale, and free's me up to do doffing/dil dailies/stf's etc.
I just usually do enough at New Romulus to get enough marks for a week's worth of rep assignments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
The problem with Romulan marks is that you are forced into ground maps to earn a lot of them, and tons of people hate ground maps. I'm personally completely at a loss as to why Cryptic keeps putting more focus on the games ground system.

There needs to be more space options, and those options need to be more efficient at earning marks.
Except Star trek wasn't all space all the time, in fact most of the time the ship was in orbit while all the good stuff was happening on the planet of the week.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 PM.