Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 197
# 61
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
all I have to ask is who the hell cares if its a bug OR an exploit... you are all just dancing around with semantics, and arguing just for the sake of the argument... the voldy bug is fixed again... until they screw something up again in the future but until that day.... please stop whining that its a bug, or an exploit its currently fixed get over yourselves...
First off, its kind of funny to argue with e1 to stop arguing for the sake of argument, then saying to get over yourself.

Second, for me, it has nothing to do on whether its a bug or exploit. It has to do with the consistency that cryptic is showing on how they run their game. At one time, they would ban people for talking about a bug that created the same issues of having extra boff powers available to use. This time around we're told to enjoy your extra boff's. Then, we're told that simply reporting that the bug exists isn't good enough, but that we the customer have to track down "how" to reproduce it in order for them to fix it and post it so the devs can trouble shoot it. Then we're told that posting how to reproduce a bug is against forum rules.

confused yet? Thats the issue I have. How are we supposed to even know what is acceptable and what isn't, much less where the boundaries of the rules they inconsistently enforce are?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 62
12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
im not sure what these are.

hrm. i watch everyone very closely, and run with the best pilots in the game from across several of the top pvp fleets.

interesting
The guy is just a trolling PvEer that likes to mess with people in these forums. A less subtle Sprinkles.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 628
# 63
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
So, by your definition, using tric mines with DPB is an exploit? The argument that tric mines have a counter does not apply since your definition is "no drawbacks or counters" to the COMBO of using dispersal pattern and tric's.

Edit: I suppose you could say that snb or snb doff proc could strip the DPB buff off before you lay out the mines, but that's a pretty weak argument. It's no better of an argument than you could use snb against someone who has multiple commander Boff slots, therefore voldie can be countered

By your definition, if a player taking advantage of a bug that creates a grossly OP mechanic isn't "exploiting", exactly what DO you call it?
Cryptic... fix this.. this is a bug (oversight) on your part... fine if you don't ban them, but fix it. Even with BFI up, I could not defend against this.


[12/1 6:03] [Combat (Self)] A complete exploiting loser whose true identity has been hidden deals 11022 (63541) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[12/1 6:03] [Combat (Self)] A complete exploiting loser whose true identity has been hidden deals 11351 (69422) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[12/1 6:03] [Combat (Self)] A complete exploiting loser whose true identity has been hidden deals 18784 (72902) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.


Target those mines you say! HA.. that is really funny considering I turn off "target pet spam" in the options because you allow so much spam in a match that I need to concentrate on the player itself. And HA again that you don't have a more complex targeting system

Fix it!
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 64
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
You know it's a neglected community when... Ah, nevermind.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 628
# 65
12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
You know it's a neglected community when... Ah, nevermind.

No really.. continue..

when we have to beg and plead for them to give us some attention?

or

when we pay them money and QA test for them?

or

when there has not been a single PvP map added to the game in three years?

or

....
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
# 66
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM
The only issue I see that needs to be addressed is the DPB crit since one crits, they all crit. But I've been using Trics since like S3. Now if innate Tac Captain abilities buff Trics, then that's something else completely.

I use Trics and I lose a lot of survivability and overall DPS speccing and gearing for em. I'm also an Engineer and they're really my only dps option and by far the best answer to spam. I still say anyone in PvP who is actually having a problem with them, it's because they put all their eggs into forward damage and can't be bothered to equip CSV, TBR, APO, PH, FAW.

Plenty of counters. They have a long cooldown even a long GCD so stacking them isn't much of an advantage.

I find most of the people who complain about em are the average PvP'rs in their Jem Bugs who like to park on their target's rear and Alpha boom. Having to move out of the way is just too big a pain in the arse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 197
# 67
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
The only issue I see that needs to be addressed is the DPB crit since one crits, they all crit. But I've been using Trics since like S3. Now if innate Tac Captain abilities buff Trics, then that's something else completely.

I use Trics and I lose a lot of survivability and overall DPS speccing and gearing for em. I'm also an Engineer and they're really my only dps option and by far the best answer to spam. I still say anyone in PvP who is actually having a problem with them, it's because they put all their eggs into forward damage and can't be bothered to equip CSV, TBR, APO, PH, FAW.

Plenty of counters. They have a long cooldown even a long GCD so stacking them isn't much of an advantage.

I find most of the people who complain about em are the average PvP'rs in their Jem Bugs who like to park on their target's rear and Alpha boom. Having to move out of the way is just too big a pain in the arse.
In this whole post, only your first sentence addressed my question. If using DPB comboed with tric mines creates an OP combo, then your definition of exploit can be applied to the use of them combined, correct?

Love the use of jem bugs in your post as well. Apparently those are the only escorts in the game that park and use front loaded weapons...

You can lose overall surviveability OR dps by speccing into them, but you shouldn't lose both if you max out one or the other

Last edited by upyournacelles2; 12-01-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
# 68
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
By OP, you mean there is no defense or counter against them then you're dead wrong. I acknowlege that the crit mechanic is off and am totally fine with whatever decision the Devs make. I face off against these things all the time and I either just hit FAW or Evasive Maneuvers, BFI and/or PH.

If I'm being focussed fired, CC'd while FAW is on CD and then killed by Tric mines, then bravo, a successful tactic executed. If I'm not paying attention to something that moves slower than an Atrox, then I deserve to die for having an inflated ego.

More often then not, when I'm in a match, they only serve to clear spam. Most good PvP'rs have some kind of AoE or countermeasure causing me to blow a 45 second CD, pretty much rendering me a roaming target. But I'm not going drop everything and dive into a healboat just becasue a handful of people don't like em.

Last edited by doomicile; 12-01-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 197
# 69
12-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
By OP, you mean there is no defense or counter against them then you're dead wrong. I acknowlege that the crit mechanic is off and am totally fine with whatever decision the Devs make. I face off against these things all the time and I either just hit FAW or Evasive Maneuvers, BFI and/or PH.

If I'm being focussed fired, CC'd while FAW is on CD and then killed by Tric mines, then bravo, a successful tactic executed. If I'm not paying attention to something that moves slower than an Atrox, then I deserve to die for having an inflated ego.

More often then not, when I'm in a match, they only serve to clear spam. Most good PvP'rs have some kind of AoE or countermeasure causing me to blow a 45 second CD, pretty much rendering me a roaming target. But I'm not going drop everything and dive into a healboat just becasue a handful of people don't like em.
Ok, so you do use an ability that you openly admit is "off". Let me ask you this...why don't you use dispersal pattern alpha instead?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
# 70
12-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
Ok, so you do use an ability that you openly admit is "off". Let me ask you this...why don't you use dispersal pattern alpha instead?
1) Where Tricobalts are concerned, there is no difference between DPA and DPB. They both launch the same number of mines at their respective Ranks.

2) I already had DPB III from a Rare BoFF mission reward.

3) Does DPA III even exist? I've yet to see it. Therefore, does anyone even use it?

In my experience, since I'm not the only one using Tric mines, they're easy to deal with. You sacrifice a lot to make them effective. It's an all or nothing ability you get to use once every 45 seconds. They're easily avoidable and killable, Cruisers and Carriers shield and hull tank these easy enough.

There are a million things broken in PvP that are exploitable to perform beyond their singularly intended effect with no counters whatsoever.

Tric Mines and Dispersal Patterns do what the description says. Even with the new Mine Doff's, they don't really even effect Tric Mines because of the long GCD.


The only potential exploit with trics, and this is only from what I've read, are players in the Termporal Ships using the Tippler Console to refresh their BoFF abilities, allowing them to immediately drop a second DPB Mine net. I haven't experienced this so I can't really comment on it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.