Lt. Commander
# 31 crashing on login
11-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Tygerzz if you have teamviewer go to this thread for a possible solution.
Ensign
# 32
11-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Your new file fixed my issue, thank you.

But it is sad that you can fix the issue when Cryptic can't be bothered to fix it. It will be a sad day if/when you ever stop playing cause that means after the next patch after that a lot of the rest of us will likely not have a choice but to not play as well. With no one like you around to fix STO for us, cause Cryptic can't be bothered.

No I'm not bitter why do you ask?
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-27-2012, 06:46 AM
You're welcome nutluck69. I seriously doubt that I will stop playing this as it's the only Star Trek game around.

You are right though that Cryptic can easily put thier latest launcher file up for download on thier site. I find it very strange that they do not as it is very easy to do.
Lt. Commander
# 34 November 30 launcher files
11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
The files have been updated to the November 30 update. You can download them from the first post.
Ensign
# 35
12-01-2012, 12:37 AM
You, good sir, are my hero. I'm patching as we speak and should be in-game shortly.
Ensign
# 36
12-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Tyyyy ))
Captain
# 37
12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Reviving this thread because the bug is back... Anyone have the latest launcher update?

EDIT: I've done as the OP mentioned about .patch and the client, but that has failed to do anything. I wasn't aware my local modem had dynamic IP, but I'm just going to try it anyway.

Could someone update the launcher to tonight's patch and upload it tmr?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 12-05-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 38 Update the Launcher!
12-05-2012, 04:11 PM
This is annoying...either you Cryptic or somebody else update the launcher or upload an uploaded recent one. I am not going to tolerate not being able to play this game because of this persistent problem. You guys ignore and ignore this problem and getting sick! It's disgusting how you guys ignore this problem. This is this: the launcher won't auto update and when threads this one show up you ignore and don't fix your problem I'm not the only one who has it so freaking fix it already so I can play the game. EIther upload a recent updated launcher or something or fix the patch server.
Captain
# 39
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
At this point I'd suggest that you upload the updated launcher somewhere, or at least tell us what file is affected so that we can grab it off someone else...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 40
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but I hope it is.

I am getting the same autoupdater problem. I tried renaming the .patch directory, it did not work, not only that, but now I can't rename it back, no matter what I do it says I have to enter a name or something.

I tried downloading and extracting the launcher file on the OP, and it also did nothing.

Now I am worried I messed something up with my game/client. I really hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the game, cause that takes up way too much time.
Closed Thread