Ensign
# 161
07-31-2012, 12:45 PM
I just bought a new star trek online and during installation the installation stops halfway
Ensign
# 162
10-06-2012, 04:34 AM
Hello.

First, this forum tells me I last visited it in 1969. The Internet as we know it today in not that old. Second, why am I not allowed to open a new thread in this forum? At least half a year has passed since I created this account.

And now, the problem that just made me uninstall STO after I just installed it. A problem that I had since I first played it, during the beta. The game will not run in fullscreen mode. Actually it runs, but it sends my display in "Input out of range" mode. I know how to fix this, edit Gameprefs.Pref. Where, by the way, I see you are using a non standard display resolution, 1264x964px. Why? My display has a native resolution of 1280x1024, btw.

But, I shouldn't need to do that.

In windowed mode I go to video options and I can not change the screen resolution if display mode is windowed or windowed maximised. If I select fullscreen, it doesn't wait for me to push "OK" or "Apply" so it just messes up with my display again. Alt+tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del may function but my monitor is still black so I can only guess what's happening (I haven't yet familiarized myself with Win7; the problem was also present on WinXP), so my only real option is a hard reboot.

So many patches and content add-ons and this is still not fixed...
Ensign
# 163
10-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi. I'm returning to the Star Trek Online game after many months of having not played it. Now for some reason the sound doesnt work. Ive tried rebooting the game a few times and ive tried changing the settings to default but nothings fixed it.

Can you please help? I do not want to play this game without sound.
All other sound works just fine. Im running the game through Steam and i can hear it take a screenshot. I can also hear music from a website im playing with the game booted up.
The sound in the game is enabled but is not working.

I cant even put in a freakin support ticket because it wont allow me to select a "product."
Ensign
# 164
10-17-2012, 07:01 AM
I do not know what to write, tell me it would be possible for a normal game of Russian players, or not? Specifically interested in the question of the absence of the wrong region. translated by google translate
Ensign
# 165 Operating systems too low
11-05-2012, 10:13 AM
My computer is telling me that the game requires a 4.1 system rating, and recommends a 5.6. Is there any way you can set the graphics to low or make the speed slow down so it is possible to play the game on a computer that is not that good?
My laptop is quite old and has a system rating of 3.5 . I am able to open the game and create a character etc, but when I attempt to play with that character, it shows me the screen, shows that it is loading, but it always gets to a certain point and then just stops loading. Nothing I have tried has allowed it to load past this point.
Is there no way I will be able to play STO, short of getting a new computer?

My operating system's subscores are 4.8 for calculations per second, 4.5 for memory operations per second, 3.5 for graphics, 3.5 for gaming graphics, and a 4.9 for primary hard disk. So, most of my operating systems are good enough, but not the graphics... will I just be able to set the graphics to a lower quality somehow?

Last edited by jenamaris; 11-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Ensign
# 166
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Since Sunday when I try to log in the game has been patching an huge amount of data. between 2 to 3gigs worth. I have a broadband connection and it is crashing at the point that my game would normally be patched. Is there a way to bypass this long download. I could play the game just fine on Saturday before all of this mess started. Please help.
Ensign
# 167 wtf
11-26-2012, 05:12 AM
yo i downloaded the game and the **** dont work its showing in the procesis but the sit dont work some one should fix the buggs befor sending it out to be played ****in bull ****
Ensign
# 168
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
My apoligies if this is the wrong thread to ask but my game has been continuesly crashing shorlty after I reach the Cryptic loading screen. Ive tried restarting my computer, Reinstalling the game, and loading the game without any other programs running all to no success. If anyone knows why this is happening I would appreciate the assistance.
Ensign
Not many people actually reply to these problems, is seems. And they ARE ALL VALID problems that should have been addressed the first few months the game was shipped,dangit!

On to my issue. Why don't you allow Steam to install the latest version on the get go??? ITS A FREAKING WASTE OF TIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!! To go into the launcher and basically RE-INSTALL the WHOLE game again with the "UPDATES".

Sorry for my bad language, but this is a PRICK move. GET IT DONE!!!!!!!
Ensign
# 170
12-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Steam update a few days ago now it errors trying to go onlin i go to were to u have to re download the 8 gig ptaches but it errors after its done, i'm really getting upset over this