Lieutenant
# 1 The Wave Empire Series
06-22-2012, 09:06 AM
This is where I'll be posting announcements on the release of my latest series "The Wave Empire"

This Series is heavily story oriented. So if you're looking for a mission that is just shoot, shoot, kill, kill, then this isn't the mission for you.

The Waveloid people hold many secrets including unknown details of the universe. They also seem to be a seclusive yet sociable people. Not much is known of them other than whats in the limited Database they gave us upon joining The Federation.

5/31/12
The first episode has now been released and is available to play!

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.1
Author: Skyline45
Minimum Level: 16+
Allegiance: Federation
ST- HAP9J34R0
Est. Time: 45min
Recommended Difficulty: Normal
Description:

A member of The Ascended Council has disappeared from the Wave Empire's capitol world, Atlantis. While this might be a simple case of kidnapping the Federation has deemed it necessary to send one of their top officers. The reason? There hasn't been any trace of crime in The Wave Empire for nearly three millennium. Things quickly elevate, and take you into a very dark hidden part of the Waveloid history.

6/1/12
Re-edited Episode 1. I realized i made it impossible to beat on normal.... xP Should be be good now, but if its too easy please let me know ^.^

6/6/12
-Re-release of The Wave Empire Ep.1
Should run a lot smoother now.

6/14/12
The second episode is now up and available for review. Any feedback would be appreciated ^.^

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.2
Minimum Level: 16+
ST-HRDEHNDQN
Est. Time: 1hr 20min
Description:

After reporting in with Fleet Admiral Vincient Skyline, your orders are to investigate a long forgotten planet that the Waveloids hoped would stay buried. While there the mysteries you'll discover will lead to the prospect of all out intergalactic war.

6/19/12
Work on the final episode begins.

7/10/12
Ep.3 has been put on hold till Season 6 is released with the new Foundry (Here's to hoping it's not too messed up ^.^)

8/5/12
Ep.1 has been cleared for season 6. It has been re-published, and is ready for play now!

Ep.2 is still being checked for bugs.

Ep.3 work will resume once the first two episodes have been cleared.

10/27/12
Ep.3 is now up, and ready to be played/reviewed ^.^

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.3
Minimum Level: 35+
ST-HAVYZLC4O
Est. Time: 35min
Description:

The opening shots have been fired by the Misthi. It seems intergalactic war is imminent. Fleet Admiral Vincient Skyline has come up with a desperate plan of action to once and for all take care of the Misthi. It is up to you to implement this plan, and prevent the galaxy from falling into complete chaos.

2/7/2013
Ep.4 is now up and ready to be played/reviewed!

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.4
ST-HQDWSGADV
Est. Time: 50min
Description:

The Wave Empire has closed it's borders to everyone. Leaving the Federation left in the dark. Starfleet is relying on the reputation that you have built with the Waveloids to figure out what is happening within their empire. The events that alomost lead to intergalactic war left the Waveloid society in uncertainty. With such a powerful empire unstable the Federation can't afford to be sidelined.

-5/17/2013
The Wave Empire Series Ep.5 is now live and ready to be played/reviewed!

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.5
Minimum Level: 41+
ST-HNN7Z42LT
Est. Time: 1hr
Description:

The Waveloids are holding one of their most cherished celebrations, Liberum Mentem. Fleet Admiral Vincient Skyline has extended you the honor of attending. However, his intentions are not one of a celebratory manner. The threat of another Misthi power grab remains the most precedent issue, and the Admiral will not sit idly by. Your orders are to meet with Fleet Admiral Vincient Skyline, and follow out his orders.

Last edited by skyline475; 07-18-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
06-22-2012, 09:17 AM
(signature test)
My Foundry Missions:
The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=279751
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline475 View Post
I've re-done the first episode in The Wave Empire. Hopefully now it flows a lot smoother battle wise, and does not brake immersion due to spelling errors.

The only thing I haven't done is the "open city" feel you talked about once you land in Loerina. I'm afraid that will have to be put on hold till I go back and polish the entire series after all those foundry goodies come out that we keep hearing so much about xD (Crossing fingers for cutscene tools)

I would love for another review when you get the chance. You where such a help the first time I thought I'd ask again. ^.^

Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.1
Author: Skyline475
Project ID: ST-HAP9J34R0
Est. Time: 45min
Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.1 (Re-Review)
Author: Skyline475
Project ID: ST-HAP9J34R0

----------Report Start -----------

Summary: This is a great mission with excellent map design and several tough but fun battles. I still would not like to play this on Elite but the support units you added to some of the battles make it a lot better than before. The story dialogue is very well written and you made almost all of the corrections from my previous report. There are still a couple here and there but it is a whole lot better than before. I really enjoyed the mission and would definitely recommend this mission to other players.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial mission task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors in this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this prompt.

MAPS:
The Wave Empire Star Gate: This is a good map design with well written dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The map transfer dialogue; consider changing "Shall I proceed through the Wrap Gate, [Rank]" to read "Shall I proceed through the warp gate, [Rank]".

Atlantis: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis Docking Station Delta: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Loerina: This is a very nice map design with a lot of details, but the dialogue does not support the need for this map. The map transfer dialogue alludes to the people seeming too good to be true, but how would the player know that since they have interacted with no one other than the "Transporter Operator" on this map. Consider changing the nature of this map to allow the player to explore the city a little and talk to some of the locals. This could be done by giving the player the option when talking to the "Transporter Operator" add another response button that says "I?m going to look around a little" or something along those lines. You can then set this to use small objects to trigger optional dialogue with the various NPCs spread across the map. If the player chooses not to select that button then the optional dialogue is not available. Objects used to trigger optional dialogue allows the author to add branching dialogue that will also disappear after the player interacts with it. Do not use NPC to trigger the optional dialogue. There are several tutorials available on StarBase UGC that can walk you through creating the optional dialogue using trigger objects.

Ascended Council: This is a nice map design. The story dialogue is well written but seems rather short. Consider adding a little more detail to the interaction with Ascended Loriyen. You should also add object triggered optional dialogue with the other NPCs spread across this map. This would give the player the ability to find out a little more about the Waveloids and would flesh out the story a little more. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The NPC to the right front of the "Ascended Loriyen" is labeled "UGC Contact".
-Consider changing "I have the authority to grant you such premission" to read "I have the authority to grant you such permission".
-Consider changing "Step onto the platform on the east side of the room" to read "Step onto the platform on the west side of the room". The platform is actually located on the west side of the room.

Ascended Council Member Uioda?s Living Quarters: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The post scan dialogue; consider changing the response button "Set Weapons to Kill" to read "Set weapons to kill".
-The post "Check Unidentified Vulcan" dialogue; consider changing "[Rank], shes dead" to read "[Rank], she's dead".
-Consider changing "Also, notice theres blood comming" to read "Also notice there's blood coming from".
-Consider changing "I might be able to tell you more after I can examine her in more deatil on the [ShipName]" to read "I might be able to tell you more after I examine her in more detail on the [ShipName]".

Ascended Council#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Loerina#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis Docking Station Delta#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis#2: This is a good map design with several tough battles but the support ships you added are a good addition to the fighting. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
-I like the way you explained why that the Devidians are attacking using Hirogen ships, but consider changing the use of "Hirojen" to read "Hirogen" throughout the dialogue.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job with this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 07/06/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Lieutenant
# 4
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
(Bump for season 6 release)
My Foundry Missions:
Lieutenant
# 5
10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
(Bump for Ep.3 release)
My Foundry Missions:
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline475 View Post
Hey Evil ^.^ I finally have Ep.3 done and ready for review whenever you get the chance.

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.3
ST-HAVYZLC4O
Est. Time: 35min
Description:
The opening shots have been fired by the Misthi. It seems intergalactic war is imminent. Fleet Admiral Vincient Skyline has come up with a desperate plan of action to once and for all take care of Uioda and his Misthi. It is up to you to implement this plan, and prevent the galaxy from falling into complete chaos.

Thank you for all your input xD
Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.3
Project ID: ST-HAVYZLC4O

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission with challenging battles and very well written story dialogue. It is a worthy sequel in the series. I would highly recommend this mission to all players although not on Elite level, which the author also does not recommend.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a map location of the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The location to start the first custom map is a little difficult to find. I went to the standard location on ESD and found it. Consider adding a short line, something like "Take turbo lift to embassy".

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Waveloid Embassy: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider adjusting some of the NPCs in the control room that are standing too far from the console.

Reliokah: This is a good map design with challenging but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing "[Rank], I'm picking up temporal satellites surronding Reliokah" to read "[Rank], I'm picking up temporal satellites surrounding Reliokah".

Reliokah Surface (Pre-Ice Age): This is a good map design with challenging but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Temporal Research Facility: This is a good map design with very challenging battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Unknown Location: This is a good map design with very challenging battles and very well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing "Why wont you just die" to read "Why won't you just die".
-Consider shrinking the size of the "Check Uioda's body" task trigger area. When it started I was standing inside the trigger area and had to leave and reenter the area to trigger it.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission and the series. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 11/03/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Lieutenant
# 7
12-02-2012, 07:17 PM
In Episode 2 I was not able to move story forward from the space combat with the Romulans and Klingon ships because the last ship needed would unspawn and would be nowhere to be found! I aborted and tried again with the same result! Really enjoyed Ep 1 and would like to continue. Any suggestions?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
12-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malek3 View Post
In Episode 2 I was not able to move story forward from the space combat with the Romulans and Klingon ships because the last ship needed would unspawn and would be nowhere to be found! I aborted and tried again with the same result! Really enjoyed Ep 1 and would like to continue. Any suggestions?
The series is a lot of fun with a good story, great maps, and fun battles.

Most likely it is a glitch you are experiencing is caused by the new season. The bugs will probably persist until the authors are allowed back in to republish their missions. Hopefully we will be able to get back into the editor soon.

Brian
Lieutenant
# 9
12-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I kinda suspected it was due to the new season launch. Hope things get repaired. Really enjoy playing the foundry.
Lieutenant
# 10
12-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malek3 View Post
Hey there, sorry for the delayed response. I found the problem you were experiencing and it should be fixed now. It appears that the new season update some how messed up how the NPC's spawned in the world.

Thank you for the feedback, and please let me know if you have any more issues.

Btw you'll get a faster response from me if you shoot me a mail in-game.
My Foundry Missions: