Career Officer
# 21
12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I dont mind the badge, I just wish it was abit closer to the uniform. Its like way way far from the uniform, looks kinda silly, other then that i love the uniform.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Lieutenant
# 22
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
"too thin" is a bit much. The combadge is two dimensional. It doesn't have any 3d structure whatsoever.. that and it hovers off the chest.

If nothing else, it needs to be closer to the chest

Fleet emblems also do this "hovering" but they haven't fixed that for 3 seasons now, so why start now?
Captain
# 23
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
What points were those, again? Perhaps you should reiterate them because all I'm seeing is a complaint that the badge is too thin.

And I think the answer is:

The polycounts are on a tight budget. Ground models push this budget already. And Cryptic messed up by having a boob slider. Because badges will either clip or float. Your choice.

Any other solution adds polygons.
Add an offset value to the positioning of the combadge and fleet patches. This could be made to work like the tatoo mechanic where you can literally move the tatoo around. What's one more set of values added to the customization mechanic? So it takes a few nanosecods longer to process the combadge position data. Small price to pay if it means the end result looks less stupid.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Judging by the length of the fly and the location of the crotch
Just spat my tea out all over the keyboard LOL
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 25
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
And I think the answer is:

The polycounts are on a tight budget. Ground models push this budget already. And Cryptic messed up by having a boob slider. Because badges will either clip or float. Your choice.

Any other solution adds polygons.
Maybe you need to check that the game has video options and is not a xbox game .I have a pc that can run 4 instances of sto at the same time so why should I see mario 2D stuffs?If your pc cant run the game you can always lower the graphics quality in settings.If the game cant do that the graphic engine is s*** and it needs to be improved.

The polygon excuse works only for those who play sto on xbox 360.....I dont think theres a sto version for that so that excuse is not good.

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-02-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 26
12-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Maybe you need to check that the game has video options and is not a xbox game .I have a pc that can run 4 instances of sto at the same time so why should I see mario 2D stuffs?If your pc cant run the game you can always lower the graphics quality in settings.If the game cant do that the graphic engine is s*** and it needs to be improved.

The polygon excuse works only for those who play sto on xbox 360.....I dont think theres a sto version for that so that excuse is not good.
Because the game is designed to run on an XBOX and on people's systems who are less powerful than yours?

And adding a tracking thing to place combadge does require extra polygons, albeit invisible ones.
Captain
# 27
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Because the game is designed to run on an XBOX and on people's systems who are less powerful than yours?
Then remove all graphic settings and go play it on xbox .in my universe sto is only on PC and has graphics options to allow people run the game on slower systems.It seems in your universe sto is on xbox and has no graphics options.

Quote:
And adding a tracking thing to place combadge does require extra polygons, albeit invisible ones.
No it requires major BS and laziness as excuse.You will find the same excuse on every console game port.This is a mmo for PC .If they cant make games for PC then they should move to consoles because its easier.TNG combadge has more polygons than this 2D thing.They need better excuse.

2D objects in 3D ...wtf.Next update ...mario with spaceships.

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-03-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 28
12-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Comm badge looks quarky anyways, why not change it - there are alot better ones to select from at the tailor.

Besides, can you combo the uniform with other uniform sets?

I mean, you don't necessarily have to choose the default pants from that particular uniform set.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
that uniform looks naff man really...
Career Officer
# 30
12-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
I don't understand why it took so long for them to make this uniform, it doesn't look that complicated to me, a pretty simple outfit. Regardless, for it being from the 29th century you'd think it would be more advanced. That's one thing I never liked about what we saw from the 29th century, their uniforms should be active systems that like harden on impact, providing protection, and have like personal shields built in. We are talking about a time period 400 years from STO's time period. A lot can happen in 400 years, and should have happened and things progressed a bit more when it comes to uniforms and their abilities on officers.
The shows, and by extension the game have always emphasized space explorers as avid pajama users.....