Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Coaches:

If you have not already done so, please register yourself on the new website that drkfrontiers created:

http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

Beginning very soon, my direct communications to coaches will take place exclusively through the new website, since it is quite time consuming to contact each of you in-game. I will continue to post things on the forums, but when I need to communicate with the coaches, I will use the Boot Camp website.

A few VERY IMPORTANT things to keep in mind:

- Please make sure you are set up to receive email notifications when you receive a new message. Here are the instructions for doing this:

1) Make sure you are registered and logged in to the website.
2) Click on your own name, which should appear in the "Who's Online" box on the left side of the page.
3) Next to your name are three icons, one of which allows you to "edit" your account. Click it.
4) Go to Profile and make sure the box that reads, "Receive Emails for New Private Messages" is checked. You should be set.

- If possible, please make sure that your display name is the same thing as your @handle in-game. Many of us have multiple toons and it is difficult for me to keep track of you without the @handle. The display name can be changed, again, under the edit function on the website and in the menu titled, "Profile."

Thanks everyone. As always, let me know if you have any questions/concerns. We will be holding another conference call around the 22nd of December, or maybe a few days earlier, in anticipation of the first event.

I am waiting to hear from Branflakes and Borticus regarding in-game coach titles. Let's hope these will come very soon.

Sargon

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 2
12-03-2012, 02:42 AM
i know its good intendioned and all that, and for a great cause....

but i thought posting links to other things was against the ToS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 3
12-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i know its good intendioned and all that, and for a great cause....

but i thought posting links to other things was against the ToS?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was not aware of this policy. We have been given permission to use the website as part of Boot Camp, but I will check with Branflakes to make sure my post is within protocols. Thanks again.

@gradstudent1
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-03-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm sure it would be ok with Branflakes and the crew
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 12-03-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
12-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Sorry I missed the meeting and haven?t been doing much with the Boot Camp. I do have one question where are we going to be putting our build write-ups. The new website the forums or both?
I am @allenlabarge in game
Captain
# 6
12-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queue38 View Post
Sorry I missed the meeting and haven?t been doing much with the Boot Camp. I do have one question where are we going to be putting our build write-ups. The new website the forums or both?
Feel free to do both. We are currently trying to collect as many builds as possible on the new website, so that students will have access to them whenever they want at a centrally located place. But your build may receive more exposure if you post it in both places.

We will have another coaches meeting in the near future, around the 22nd of December in anticipation of the first event on the 29th.

@gradstudent1
Captain
# 7
12-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I'm sure it would be ok with Branflakes and the crew
better safe then an unfortante banning IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-03-2012, 06:30 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Coaches:

If you have not already done so, please register yourself on the new website that drkfrontiers created:

http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/
I have done so but can not comment on the site. Are the permissions open or is there a waiting period while things continue to be put into place?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-03-2012, 06:43 AM
done, like the new site a lot
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 10
12-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Submitted and waiting confitmation.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!