Beginning very soon, my direct communications to coaches will take place exclusively through the new website, since it is quite time consuming to contact each of you in-game. I will continue to post things on the forums, but when I need to communicate with the coaches, I will use the Boot Camp website.
A few VERY IMPORTANT things to keep in mind:
- Please make sure you are set up to receive email notifications when you receive a new message. Here are the instructions for doing this:
1) Make sure you are registered and logged in to the website.
2) Click on your own name, which should appear in the "Who's Online" box on the left side of the page.
3) Next to your name are three icons, one of which allows you to "edit" your account. Click it.
4) Go to Profile and make sure the box that reads, "Receive Emails for New Private Messages" is checked. You should be set.
- If possible, please make sure that your display name is the same thing as your @handle in-game. Many of us have multiple toons and it is difficult for me to keep track of you without the @handle. The display name can be changed, again, under the edit function on the website and in the menu titled, "Profile."
Thanks everyone. As always, let me know if you have any questions/concerns. We will be holding another conference call around the 22nd of December, or maybe a few days earlier, in anticipation of the first event.
I am waiting to hear from Branflakes and Borticus regarding in-game coach titles. Let's hope these will come very soon.
i know its good intendioned and all that, and for a great cause....
but i thought posting links to other things was against the ToS?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was not aware of this policy. We have been given permission to use the website as part of Boot Camp, but I will check with Branflakes to make sure my post is within protocols. Thanks again.
Sorry I missed the meeting and haven?t been doing much with the Boot Camp. I do have one question where are we going to be putting our build write-ups. The new website the forums or both?
Feel free to do both. We are currently trying to collect as many builds as possible on the new website, so that students will have access to them whenever they want at a centrally located place. But your build may receive more exposure if you post it in both places.
We will have another coaches meeting in the near future, around the 22nd of December in anticipation of the first event on the 29th.