Empire Veteran
# 61
12-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Awesome news!!

FYI: the other thread about the current one retiring was removed. I closed it down because of political discussion but almost every post had to be edited, so I nuked it. Sorry political discussions are not appropriate for the STO boards.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Glad you did that I'm interested in Star Trek here lol... No politics for me rofl.
Career Officer
# 62
12-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
"Enterprise is a special ship and crew, and it was special long before I got here" said Captain William C. Hamilton, Jr., the twenty-third and final commanding officer, during the ceremony.

"Before I took command of this ship, I learned the definition of 'enterprise', which is 'an especially daring and courageous undertaking driven by a bold and adventurous spirit.' Fifty-one years ago, this ship was every bit of that definition."

I'd enjoy reading a similar quote by Captain Shon or one of his crew when relating their post to the flagship Enterprise.

STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

<=============================
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Career Officer
On 1 December 2012 CVN-65 USS Enterpriseis aka the big E is now Inactivation after 50 years of service. but the name USS Enterpriseis will live on. CVN-80 USS Enterpriseis The ship is currently scheduled to replace the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN-69. but the next us navy ship named Enterpriseis will not see service till 2027.

so like in star trek the name USS Enterpriseis will always live on

starfleet starship named Enterprise NX-01 to NCC-1701-F. 8 ship
US NAVY ship named Enterprise 8 Ships. with the ninth ship to come.

Old soldiers never die they just fade away.
CVN-65 USS Enterpriseis has been that old soldiers never die. and now she is fadeing a way till the next USS Enterpriseis CVN-80 is called into service.

rest in peace
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterpriseis
1962-2012
Republic Veteran
Empire Veteran
# 65
12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
^^Yup already being discussed, and in Ten Forward, where such a conversation should be.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Ensign
# 66
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate.

The USS Enterprise (CVN-80) is NOT canon...In Trek we don't know much what went on in the year 2025, but it must of been bad since we know WW3 and the eugenics war was going on.

But for a real world explanation...we don't know the future so anything can happen from now till 2025....till the Enterprise is actually built and ready to go, there is no reason Cryptic should put it in the picture roster.....so unless STO lasts till 2025,they have no reason too add it.

Heck the someone might build a Helicarrier before 2025 and decide to name that Enterprise.
This sounds awesome and everything but I can't get past the fact that when I read this, Gul Ducat is staring back at me........
Starfleet Veteran
# 67
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
topic off topic. Political or not! Right or left does not change the fact that one of our new advanced carriers will be called Enterprise! There should always be a Enterprise.
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
12-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
topic off topic. Political or not! Right or left does not change the fact that one of our new advanced carriers will be called Enterprise! There should always be a Enterprise.
Beat me to the punch. Well said