Career Officer
The Klingon game play lacks mission even after doing the entire story line and the daily missions. I think there need to be more missions for the Klingon game play.
Captain
# 2
12-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome to KDF, where what you are saying has been requested since day one. Unfortunately Cryptic's constant responses and actions regarding KDF means that I doubt you'll ever get what you are asking for.
Commander
# 3
12-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the KDF. More content has been asked for since beta, but all we good were promises by the developers and misinformations.

The problem is this game has gonem uch to far down the road so I doubt the KDF will ever be a full faction. Cryptic does not spend that manpower, since they have to do C-Store Fed stuff to stay profitable.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Your opinion is different from cryptics.
Cryptics opinion is "why bother with something that it too hard?".
Can you counter that opinion?
No, I thought not.
Captain
# 5
12-03-2012, 09:16 AM
In the last Ask Cryptic, Dan Stahl claimed they're considering new KDF content. However, in that same Ask Cryptic he also stated they'd recently lost money on some of the KDF ships.

So take those words with a grain of salt.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 6
12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
What else is new? lol
Career Officer
# 7
12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
They lost money on ships because they never invested much in the KDF from launch. Many people refuse to play KDF because there is nothing to do. It's a cycle that's completely Cryptics fault

They refuse to put money and work into making the KDF a full faction, now they want to make a Romulan faction. They can't even make 2 full factions for this game

They want the maximum amount of profit for the least amount of work.

If the Devs were Ferengi, they'd see the value in the KDF.

Example: Many people I know don't wanna bother raising Marauding because the boff is broken.

Fix the boff, more people would play = maybe buy things there
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
KDF > Fed IMHO;

Sometimes less is more, the feds get more story missions, but they are basically very samey and repetitive and quite tedious, they get more ships but they are 47 varieties of bland, and more costume options - KDF is for warriors not wannabe fashion models, and who needs space whales that look like a dinner plate and a couple of tampon applicators when you have BOPs, the Vor'cha and the Vo'Quv

Fed content is contrained heavily by the IP, the need to get CBS approval, and the rabid fans - which leads to it all being very homogenous, good guys win, blah blah blah blah blah boooooring.

The Klingons on the other hand get to face off against their cultural legends and kick their backsides which apart from the epicness of killing your gods is a far deeper cultural exploration than anything the feds get. And there is room within the faction for a diversity of characters in terms of their ethics and morality as opposed to the fed boyscout brigade.

Take a look at the Doff missions - the Klingon variants are much funnier and more varied compared to the fed ones. The KDF crit and disaster results on many of the missions have some very dark humour.

Is more necessarily better?
Captain
# 9
12-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't mind having a KDF version of the Starbase 24 PvE added.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post

Is more necessarily better?
Considering our last KDF specific mission was Alpha and it was the only new KDF specific mission since........ Honestly can't remember the last KDF-only missions we got....... Yeah, the less with better quality is more than many missions with poor quality thing isn't flying.

We need level 1-20 content thats just for us.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.