Ensign
# 11
12-03-2012, 08:29 AM
i to am totally feed up waiting on this stupid andorian duty officers project to be fixed ,this has caused our fleet to come to a stand still ,we were doing so well at the star base ,sadly this has left me no longer interested in the star base .in fact between this and the total lack of interesting content in space pvp ,i will be playing another game until such a time this game gets some much needed love and attention it really needs,please sort this out ,
Captain
# 12
12-03-2012, 08:34 AM
They should have not changed this project in the first place. Projects that requires lots of Doffs should be altered to white doffs while projects that require only a few doffs or boffs should not have been changed. When it was purple boffs, this project was a lot easier.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
you are so correct starkaos
Ensign
# 14
12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
+1 to this whole thread.
Ensign
# 15
12-03-2012, 09:09 AM
All complaints aside, its not what the problem is, but the lack of knowledge of what, if anything is being done to resolve the situation that frustrates people. Please, if your not going to address the issue at this time, just say so. Give a target date, etc, when it will be looked at, then people can go from there.
Lieutenant
I've watched the Andorian upgrade project sit until it started giving off an unpleasant odor.

Seeing how the starbase system is a big deal in STO, issues like this should have some priority. Starbase is one of those things that keeps people coming back, logging on, contributing. If progress gets halted by glitches, then said glitches need to be fixed or GMs given the tools to sort it out on a case by case basis. Keeping four hundred people (and that's just one fleet!) waiting indefinitely for no reason is inexcusable.

In case the devs aren't familliar with the issue, regardless of all the bug reports sent, the "station Andorian personnel officer on starbase" upgrade project can't be completed due to the fact that it requires common quality Andorian bridge officers, which are nearly impossible to obtain in game.
Lieutenant
# 17
12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Realy guys... the ban-hammer (lifetime edition)... even without a comment in the actual thread? Bad, realy bad. Why is it that most Online Games allways lack the very basics of Customer Relationship Management?

I mean I am allready bored with the game and the only reason for staying with STO is the community I play with, but you guys realy give people like me a hard time to actually stay. You might want to re-think your ways of dealing with the community.
Captain
# 18
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodura View Post
Instead of fixing a Cosmetic problem like "?The Kinetic Cutting beam is no longer incorrectly referred to as a turret." "?Fixed a description error in Elite Scorpion Fighter Carrier pets" How about you use your resorces to fix broken thing like adding bridge officers to upgrade mission on starbase.
You do realise that text errors are probably the easiest things to fix, right?

Those things probably get fixed on the fly, no problem analysis needed; then they add it to patch notes to let people know they've done it.

Sure, I totally agree bugs need to ironed out, but there is no reason not to fix typo's and text errors as they come along. I actually applaud the fact that they fix those between their regular activities, as it shows a certain amount of professionalism.
Ensign
# 19
12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodura View Post
Instead of fixing a Cosmetic problem like "?The Kinetic Cutting beam is no longer incorrectly referred to as a turret." "?Fixed a description error in Elite Scorpion Fighter Carrier pets" How about you use your resorces to fix broken thing like adding bridge officers to upgrade mission on starbase. in which my fleet has sent over 100 bug reports and i sent in 2 ticket in with no real response. it been 4 weeks we been sitting on this project. your lack of concern is noticeable. i have 400 active members in this fleet upset with YOU! Here is an idea if you have no idea how to fix it change the bridge officers to doffs. funny part the will move this post or i will get banned for another week. That what they are good at.
how could u ban someone for ever for this post .that is just over the top
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
You do realise that text errors are probably the easiest things to fix, right?

Those things probably get fixed on the fly, no problem analysis needed; then they add it to patch notes to let people know they've done it.

Sure, I totally agree bugs need to ironed out, but there is no reason not to fix typo's and text errors as they come along. I actually applaud the fact that they fix those between their regular activities, as it shows a certain amount of professionalism.

Yes, we do realize that it is easier to fix then other bugs, but honestly : If in any other branch a service would neglect a + 100 complaints about something, either the head of that service will be sacked, the one responsible for that error would be sacked or the one that isn't doing his/her job to fix that error would be sacked. That's the reality. And don't give me the blah blah blah about "it's software" coz that is utter crap. An error remains an error and should be addressed till it's fixed.