Ensign
# 1 Ship class suggestions
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
This is for suggesting ships from any Star Trek media, that you would like to see in STO.

.....Cos Mountain Said So!!!!!!
Ensign
# 2
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Personally I would like to see the USS Typhon carrier from the PS1 game, Star Trek Invasion. Firstly for sentimental reasons, secondly to only other carrier the FED players have is the Catian one.

.....Cos Mountain Said So!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmd View Post
Personally I would like to see the USS Typhon carrier from the PS1 game, Star Trek Invasion. Firstly for sentimental reasons, secondly to only other carrier the FED players have is the Catian one.
I don't believe they can use designs created for/by another Game Company and (IMO) the Fed's don't need another carrier, the Atox works just fine.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Some Klingon Tactical Carrier (Armitage with a Klingon skin, sort of). More Gorn ships (might use the esxisting Gorn skins, only with different boff layout; e.g. a T5 Draguas cruiser with the Draguas skin, but a cruiser layout). A Federation Flight Deck Cruiser.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 5
12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1966 View Post
I don't believe they can use designs created for/by another Game Company and (IMO) the Fed's don't need another carrier, the Atox works just fine.
Absolutely - the copyright for the Typhon belongs (or belonged) to Activision.

I'd like to see the New Orleans class personally - though assumption, and little more, I feel it'd make a pretty good destroyer, and it would be interesting to see what use they'd find for those exterior pods/tubes that the class carries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Commander
# 6
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
I would like to see someone get creative and build on the racial design ethos of the Klingons and Romulans to give them ships which aren't simply a repaint of old ships or slight changes in hull (all Klingon raptors and BOPs suffer this, to some extent or another).

Let's see something fresh and unique, while still being identifiably Klingon or Romulan or Cardassian.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
The Typhon from ST: Invasion would be epic. Maybe something for a "kickstarter" style project. Activision may hold the rights to the ship but it only appeared in a single game years ago. If STO can get The vesta and Titan classes into game there is always a chance they can get other ships that people own into the game. There's always room for discussion

Ships id love to see would be

New Orleans Class
Niagra Class
FBB (from SFC 1 and 2)
Arkroyal (From sfc 2)
Archiels (From dominion wars)
Hulet (From dominion wars)
Griffin (Rom ship for ST: Armada)

theres so many good ship designs out there the list is endless
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I'd like to see the New Orleans class personally - though assumption, and little more, I feel it'd make a pretty good destroyer, and it would be interesting to see what use they'd find for those exterior pods/tubes that the class carries.
Actually I would like to see that too; a heavy destroyer that's a *little* inferior to Chimera but is available for anyone who isn't a lifetime/1000 day veteran. (complete with a KDF counterpart for KDF captains as well )
Commander
# 9
12-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Completely forgot about the New Orleans, would love to see it in game. What if the pods are similar to the phaser lotus, only with torpedoes in stead of phasers. Or, its a console abilitiy that basically acts like Cannon Spread, but with torpedoes. So it is a toned down version of torpedo spread that fires multiple salvoes.

Also: The only ship I really want to know about right now is the upcoming Andorian Ship. I miss the days of tweet leeks and forum posts with preview images.
Rihannsu
# 10
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Achilles_class

I loved this ship in dominion wars, i hope she makes a return one day.