Lieutenant
I went on to Tribble to check out the new foundry features. The patch notes say that the patrol behavior will not work in a preview but only in a published mission. I set a patrol path and when I went into the preview guess what happened. The path was in the preview.
Scan this QR code to go to the website of Klingon Legacy
Lieutenant
# 2
12-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butter1484 View Post
I went on to Tribble to check out the new foundry features. The patch notes say that the patrol behavior will not work in a preview but only in a published mission. I set a patrol path and when I went into the preview guess what happened. The path was in the preview.
So im confused? your reporting a bug that is not susposed to work but does? so would you like it not to work?
Captain
# 3
12-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alax2011 View Post
So im confused? your reporting a bug that is not susposed to work but does? so would you like it not to work?
Butter's not reporting a bug, he/she's informing the rest of the Foundry community that something is working better than intended.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Career Officer
# 4
12-01-2012, 02:01 PM
I bet the "problem" has something to do with collision detection due to the pathing data not being generated until publish. The patrol will probably work, but if there are any objects such as consoles in their way, they'll either walk into them and get stuck, or jump through them. Possibly on uneven ground they'll also fall through.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-02-2012, 06:42 AM
So the wander option is working now, too?
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Lieutenant
# 6
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Butter's not reporting a bug, he/she's informing the rest of the Foundry community that something is working better than intended.
That is exactly what I was doing.
Scan this QR code to go to the website of Klingon Legacy
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
When I was testing on Tribble, I set up a scenario where I had some fortifications with friendlies inside, and some Jem Hadar would spawn and run towards them and then fight. While map testing pre-publish, the NPCS, both friendly and enemy, would just randomly disappear when they got in aggro range of each other. However once published, it worked great. This might be the sort of thing they were referring to.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.