Commander
# 11
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
this is going to be fun >=) those poor snowmen will regret taking on the might of the federation and the klingons best snowball fighters >=D
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I avoid Q (as he is an insane and evil being)

I also avoid christmas in any form
so this might be a good time for me to get some work done

Have fun with it guys
Career Officer
# 13
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Very much looking forward to this.

I loved the snowmen last year. Great to hear they will be animated now! Can we get them dancing next year, to a big musical number, or to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

It would be really funny!

Has it really been a year though? Where did it go?
Rihannsu
# 14
12-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Loved last years, even though it was quite limited. Good to see it back and with some added extra's. larger races, snowball fights all sound pretty good.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 15
12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
This winter event is cool and all, and I'll enjoy it, but I really think this type of winter map making effort could be used to make a ground map for a winter social zone open year round based off Yosemite National Park. A big cabin and such for socializing, and so Feds could get the sweet cabin in the woods type artwork that the Klinks get on a starbase of all things.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
I think Cryptic stole the snowman idea from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOvlcyvB9I
Rihannsu
# 17
12-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm honestly not looking foward to it because I'm not fond of the Ice Skating Races. Never really have been.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 18
12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
All of this sounds great ... but ...

Quote:
Most importantly, be sure to run the ?Fastest Game on Ice? race, because this will reward you with winter gift boxes that may contain parts to help build the best prize of all . . . which you can read about in our upcoming rewards blog entry tomorrow!
.... please tell me that we are NOT going to have to gather items in the HOPE of crafting the ultra rare ship for this year's festival??? .... That I think would be WAY too much for me.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Rihannsu
# 19
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I really enjoyed last year's Q Winter Event. I look forward to this one.

Woot, woot!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 20
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
All of this sounds great ... but ...
.... please tell me that we are NOT going to have to gather items in the HOPE of crafting the ultra rare ship for this year's festival??? .... That I think would be WAY too much for me.
You are not going to have to gather items in the hope of crafting the extra special reward for this year -- there won't be much hoping for that, other than hoping you can get in-game to participate. More information tomorrow, but I think you all are going to be pretty excited

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment