Captain
# 11
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
There is a lot of stuff that we could do if that beam in animation was not there.

I could make a npc walk patrol after a dialogue by making one disappear replaced by one that patrols. I could set him do disappear when he reaches a spot, replaced by a new version of himself, etc.

friendly can turn violent. We can do all of that now with the updates, but every time we spawn a npc there is a beam-in animation.
Career Officer
# 12
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, if they were to get rid of the automatic beam in animation we'd be able to do a lot of things. Although there still might be a brief moment when the NPC fades in.

Ideally I'd like to see a choice of what appear animation we want for NPCs and enemy groups, both in space and on the ground. That way we could also have ships warp in when they appear.

It would be best if we had a few selections to choose from including the current fade in, and an option where they just appear with no animation at all (just visible instantly).

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 13
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Ideally I'd like to see a choice of what appear animation we want for NPCs and enemy groups, both in space and on the ground. That way we could also have ships warp in when they appear.
And warp out when they disappear.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I would also like to see Tholian NPC groups on space and ground for the Foundry editor soon, that would be great.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Rihannsu
# 15
12-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
There is a lot of stuff that we could do if that beam in animation was not there.

I could make a npc walk patrol after a dialogue by making one disappear replaced by one that patrols. I could set him do disappear when he reaches a spot, replaced by a new version of himself, etc.

friendly can turn violent. We can do all of that now with the updates, but every time we spawn a npc there is a beam-in animation.
Ideally, they would make it so we could choose an animation for when NPCs appear and disappear.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
12-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, Zero does not read threads on the forums about the foundry except those she's specifically asked for opinions and opened the thread by herself ... so we can write here as much as we want, it won't get picked up by the dev team. Too bad, as I have really thought about it in depth.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
12-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
Well, Zero does not read threads on the forums about the foundry except those she's specifically asked for opinions and opened the thread by herself ... so we can write here as much as we want, it won't get picked up by the dev team. Too bad, as I have really thought about it in depth.
Yeah I was disappointed to hear that. Not surprised, but disappointed.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM
We can just hope that purrhaps Brandy or Jeremy will pick this one up and tell Maria.
Career Officer
# 19
12-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Yeah I was disappointed to hear that. Not surprised, but disappointed.
I don't really understand that at all. There's not that much traffic in the Foundry forum. Keeping up on what is posted here probably wouldn't take more than 5 minutes per day.

Does anyone read the Foundry Bugs forum? I hope so, because there are still a number of bugs with the Season 7 Foundry update that need to be fixed.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
According to how Zero worded it, she is only reading threads who she is specifically asking opinions for. Therefore, the bug forum is also unread, except topics she is opening.