Career Officer
# 21
12-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You are not going to have to gather items in the hope of crafting the extra special reward for this year -- there won't be much hoping for that, other than hoping you can get in-game to participate. More information tomorrow, but I think you all are going to be pretty excited

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm going to interpret this as "the crafting chance is 100%, but it'll be like trying to get the scarves last year: some of the pieces you need will have a horrible drop rate from [RNG-Mechanic Device Goes Here] and they're all bound to character so you can't trade them from toon to toon."

Either that, or its not a ship. Maybe its the snowball launcher thing.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
With the return of Q?s Winter Wonderland, you?ll find a new cozy gazebo added for socializing. The various vendors and the tailor are now located in the gazebo. From there, you can follow signs to special events, or you can head out into the snow to explore.
Groovy. Way better than having the vendors standing in the snow for more than a month, like last year.

Quote:
But it?s dangerous out there . . . be sure to pick up some snowballs from the piles that you?ll find scattered about the area, since you?ll need them. Q?s decided to add a little fun by animating the snowmen and sending them to keep you frosty, and you can only stop them with a barrage of snowballs! Every half-hour, the snowmen will come to a semblance of life and hunt people down with the intention of freezing them. If you?re frozen by a snow flurry, though, don?t worry ? you?ll just remain out of the battle for a little while before returning as good as new. Participating in the snowball fight gives you a chance to win boxes of winter commodities, which you can trade for new costumes and prizes.
Fighting off the Snowman hordes? Nice, and I guess that is the way the previous WW comodities will be brought back.

Quote:
For those who are of a mind to challenge other captains, Q?s added a new race, somewhat like the famous endurance race of Starfleet Academy ? a multi-captain competitive race on a new slippery ice track. In between snowball fights, the race announcer will call out the new competitive race and count down to the start. Everyone who wants to race can assemble at the new track for the ?Fast and the Flurrious?. If you?re in the wooden-plank starting zone, you?ll see a large ?WAITING FOR RACE? tag over your captain. Then, wait for the race to start; once the starting gate drops, run the course as fast as you can and grab the flag at the end! The race will reward the first place, second place, and third place winners, with a token award for those who run the whole race but don?t place. This race will give you new epohh tags that can be used to breed special winter epohhs with the help of a Romulan researcher at the gazebo.
New multi-player race? Cool, but all you get from it are Winter Epohh tags?!

Quote:
Of course, you can still participate in all of the old winter cheer. Track down the snowmen ? when they aren?t chasing you! ? to earn accolades.
Are these the same as last year? Will Captains who got them last year get a new accolade?

Quote:
Skate on the icy lake and be sure to practice some new skating leaps when you wear ice skates.
Are the Ice Skates a new item? or are you talking about the Frost Boots from last year?

Quote:
Most importantly, be sure to run the ?Fastest Game on Ice? race, because this will reward you with winter gift boxes that may contain parts to help build the best prize of all . . . which you can read about in our upcoming rewards blog entry tomorrow!
As in they may or May Not contain the parts people will actually want? Will the parts be tradeable?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Republic Veteran
# 23
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
To be honest, I am looking forward to this.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 24
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconcentus View Post
I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm going to interpret this as "the crafting chance is 100%, but it'll be like trying to get the scarves last year: some of the pieces you need will have a horrible drop rate from [RNG-Mechanic Device Goes Here] and they're all bound to character so you can't trade them from toon to toon."

Either that, or its not a ship. Maybe its the snowball launcher thing.
Or you could wait to read the blog tomorrow

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 25
12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

As Senior Chief Of Outrage Generation And Logistics For East Coast, I cannot recommend this course of action. The Internet is powered by rampant speculation, uninformed outrage and nerd-vitriol.

If we wait patiently for tomorrow, there will be insufficient power to operate
the servers and we will have to schedule some unscheduled downtime in order to harvest sufficient anger to resume normal operations.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 26
12-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But that requires waiting...

Helm, set a course for the nearest star! Science, begin your calculations for Time Warp!

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Empire Veteran
# 27
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What that person meant to say is that they were protesting it up front before the usual occurs where it happens. Then what occurs is it launches people protest for months about it before and after... Then the money is made by people who might actually fall for it and then after you see it was a fad and people will no longer spend time or money some blog comes out saying that you listened.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

In other words you're using this time to rapidly implement a 'snowball grenade launcher' item based on the existing grenade launcher items. Because it's a cool idea you guys didn't think of right?

Right?

Please?

It would be pretty cool. Also, make it put out fires.
Rihannsu
# 29
12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Now the blog tomorrow, will it be posted in the morning or closer to the end of the business day? A small teaser would be nice!
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
You are not going to have to gather items in the hope of crafting the extra special reward for this year -- there won't be much hoping for that, other than hoping you can get in-game to participate. More information tomorrow, but I think you all are going to be pretty excited

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
In other words, slap a dilithium cost to the items rather than a random chance, just grindfest your brains out.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |