Starfleet Veteran
I'm getting hit for damage upwards of 200,000 with one Torpedo: Spread III and I can't even react to it.

Last edited by starboardnacelle; 11-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 162 Is it Negligence?
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Why the hell does a file that sets the borg to be able to crit and do 100K+ damage per hit get marked as do not use, gets replaced with the new file one week, then next patch the old file is back in telling the borg it is ok to Crit and to do 100k+ damage again?

you know when i change the files on my website, anything that is never gonna be used again is put someplace it will never accidentaly make it back in.

so is this simple negligence or are you slipping it back in on purpose?

also why does something work awesome on tribble the day before holodeck gets the patch then when it hits holodeck it is broke, lags out and breaks other content, what files are on tribble that work right that you skip transfering to holodeck?

Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009! :smile:
Captain
# 163
12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah the one hit wonders are a bit lame, but the borg are supposed to be considered one of the strongest enemies in story, as for the plasma burn proc so often is definitely lame, was it normally like 2.5-7.5% chance to proc yet seems like more or less a 25-45% for them. Also haven't really noticed much of a dmg drop if any by using resistances to borg weapon dmg, thinking it's all an illusion.
Captain
# 164
12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
was it normally like 2.5-7.5% chance to proc yet seems like more or less a 25-45% for them.
it's more like 95-99% proc chance for the borg, 99% of the time in STFs my ship is on fire...
Empire Veteran
# 165
12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Recently Borticus said that the Borg were not buffed. Well, I subjectively feel like they are killing me a whole lot more than they used to, but here are two measurable and objective ways that I KNOW they have changed.

1.) I have a Vo'quv build centered around energy drains. Drop their power, pummel them with torpedoes. On ISE, I used to be able to drop the tactical cube's shields and keep them down as long as my energy siphons were active. I was using plasmonic leech, energy siphon, beam:target shields, and somewhere around 200 points in Flow Capacitors skill. I also have polarized disruptors that hit for another -50 when they trigger. It was a very specialized but successful build.

That no longer works. I even had a team mate help me, and he also has energy siphon and plasmonic leech, and both of us together were not able to drop the cube's shields. A third player joined and the shields finally switched off.

So, between crippling some of my strongest abilities in space and on ground, my science character is feeling pretty darn useless now.
tl:dr thread

I do concur with this though. I used to be able to tank elite bosses in STFs reasonably well. Good selection of heals/resists, good timing and drains.

Now it's seems my drain builds don't seem to do too much. Half my tanking ability comes from draining their power which over time worked to my advantage in that my heals didn't need to get triggered as often.

Now, 1st hit, and half my heals are fired off. 2nd big hit and the rest are used along with miracle worker. 3rd and your just a sitting duck waiting for the final slap across the face. In the mean time, plasmonic leech, polaron weapons and 2x aceton assimilators doesn't seemed to have dulled their attack any.

Fully specced into healing/tanking type skills and drains. It's disappointing to say the least.

The excessive bleedthrough or plasma burn doesn't help either.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Starfleet Veteran
# 166
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The biggest noticeable effect is from the torpedoes, which they now seem to use quite a bit more liberally... There was a line in the patch notes about changing the way firing arcs were computed? Also, exactly how many torpedo launchers do these ships have, because a gateway launched 2 torps at me three seconds apart.

http://momaw.kikaimegami.com/sto-borg-overpowered.png

But it's not JUST the torpedoes... Beam arrays are also hitting for 1500-2000 damage now, and the heavy cannons can go over 6000. I don't remember them being that high, personally. So a torpedo wipes out my shields instantly, and I take a few hull hits from their turbo-charged energy weapons before I can react with tac team or whatever I've got. And a delightful 1674 damage per second in plasma burn which is definitely new.

I wish I had kept some old combat logs for direct comparison. Without numbers on both sides this is all just subjective.
But that chart proves that borg bosses are once again critical hitting wich means somehow the old numbers and code that allowed the borg to crit before has returned the crit ability to the boss borg.

wich with S7 Critical damage from Borg Boss was supposed to be turned off. and yeah if i'm in a 46k hull i don't think the borg need to through 65K+ damage.

Lieutenant
# 167
12-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Whatever it is, it's a bug if it's happening with Borg normal weapons, which is exactly what's happening. If anyone gets hit by a lance or plasma circle thing (forgot what they're called), they deserve being nuked. Fine and dandy. One high yield torp volley shouldn't one shot a fully shielded, fully hulled Vesta. It happens almost every Elite I run--nuked to oblivion without a chance to react with no warning and no reason. There are weapons that should believably one-shot you and others that shouldn't.

I can only imagine the issue is a bug. I can't imagine that this is how the game was designed.

I've also been nuked by (at least from what I could tell) a cutting laser. Through my full shields and full hull. That was the only weapon I saw hit me. Shields were supposed to have protected me from almost all that damage. Instead, I spontaneously combusted. Stuff is definitely wrong with the Borg.
Starfleet Veteran
# 168
12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
And yet to make the Optional timer one has to face rollthe borg.

astleast faster than they faceroll you.

Career Officer
# 169
12-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Hmmm, got hit higher...quickly saw 923,000+ one time

I know of no players in STO, that flies a NPC's ship with those stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardnacelle View Post
I'm getting hit for damage upwards of 200,000 with one Torpedo: Spread III and I can't even react to it.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Empire Veteran
# 170
12-04-2012, 12:07 AM
There were players asking for borgs to be buffed as they felt stfs are way to easy. A quick search and you may find their names.
How to really behave in online forums with developers